Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/22/2003 12:30:17 PM EDT
I ordered an IOR Valdada scope from Catus Tactical and they have informed me that my order is in line as they await their "weekly" resupply. IOW my scope is not in stock. Their prices are considerably lower than other vendors and I guess not having the upkeep of a large inventory is part of that.
I am wondering do they get resupplied in a timely manner, or will it really take weeks, or longer, before my scope gets shipped. Anyone have a bad experience with them?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
very good guys in my experience
very honest
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I must have gotten the last one as I just got my M2 a couple of days ago. There are at least two other guys here that just recieved theirs as well. All were bought from Cactus. Had my order within a couple of days. They will do you right.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#3]
They are the GoodGuy's...Great prices and service.  I bought my 10x56 IOR from them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys ,it's a relief to hear you. I'm getting the 10X42.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a scope and had it within days, delivered insured US Post. No problems at all.

In fact, I sent them a few questions about the IOR Valdada M2 I ordered, and they were very responsive via their email support.

I'd order from them again.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, they were prompt with me, too. However, my M2 came with a dead spot in the illuminator. The #4 position is dark. The rest work fine. Cactus took the position that they would exchange the scope if it hadn't been mounted. I e-mailed them for an RMA and they haven't replied. I could just send the scope in to them to see what happens, but I'm trying to contact Valdada. Now, Valdada seems to be a whole other story. They sound like a one-man operation. All I can get from their phone lines are busy signals... (Notice, they do not post phone numbers on their web site... Hmmmmm.) Let's see if IOR doesn't bear some scrutiny! I'll let you know what they say if I can ever reach them.

SIG
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Okay, the busy signals finally stopped at Valdada and I got a ring. But! What followed was a phone message and a series of very long beeps, indicating that there were many other phone messages ahead of mine in the queue. I left my message and phone number as asked. I explained to them the problem with the illuminator. Now, let's see what a company that makes a great sight can do with customer relations... a key point for any prospective buyer.

SIG
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Bob who owns/runs the place is a good guy. Ask him if his daughter is still single. Maybe you can work out a deal for her with your next order.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#9]
The Valdada US support is currently moving its facility from Steamboat Springs to the Littleton, CO area.   Due to that, at times, there is a bit of a lag in phone service.  The company is trying to do so in small legs to minimize disruptions as opposed to shutting the company down for several weeks.  
In any event,   the warranty info and instructions for dealing with a defective product are at:
http://www.valdada.com/order:info?token=4WQXMvIbPlLTWerc6vdIUQ

Excerpt is as follows:
Product Guarantee

All IOR optics and mounts carry a lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. However, any tampering with or disassembly of these products will void the warranty. In the unlikely event that your IOR product requires repair or replacement, package it carefully and ship it to one of the following addresses, depending on your choice of carrier:

For shipment by U.S. Mail:
IOR Service Center
c/o Valdada Enterprises LLC.
PO Box 773122
Steamboat Springs, CO 80477

For shipment by UPS:

IOR Service Center
c/o Valdada Enterprises LLC.
31733 CR #35
Steamboat Springs, CO 80477

Be sure to include some legible form of paperwork with your name, address and a brief description of the defect. The unit will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Valdada Enterprises.

Valdada policy is for all returns on a defective item to go through the central facility for tracking and repair purposes.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top