[#1]
Still in stock?

Bob
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#3]
One less in stock....

Looking forward to dealing with you Wes!  This is my first order with you and I've heard great things about MSTN.

Thank you for keeping us up to speed on the latest and the greatest.  This cantilever mount really is one of those "small things" that amounts to a major improvement.  Or at least that's my impression now.  I'll try to post pics and my thoughts after receiving and mounting it.

EDITED for typo.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:18:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just like the Knights Aimpoint Offset mount.

Doesn't it?
View Quote

Exactly.  Christ, where's 3rdtk's vitriolic commentary on [i]this[/i] "brush-catcher," etc.  (You all would need to do a search a bit further back than 30days for [i]that[/i] thread)  Perhaps he actually took a GGandG or Knight's offset out on an actual patrol or other green-side and realised how well it did [i]in fact[/i] work when cutting brush [i]tactically[/i]!  

Good for A.R.M.S.!  I'll be ordering one of these real soon only because I want to trade off an Aimpoint for an M3 on an A.R.M.S 35QD a bit, I say a bit, more frequently than I have allowed myself due to my apprehension of regularly removing the Knight's offset.  How I wish for a magic wand...or TA31 perhaps?

O'DughGhaill, out
[url=www.forcerecon.com]Force Recon Association[/url] regular member no.2259
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember that thread... it was a HOOT!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I remember that thread... it was a HOOT!
View Quote

No doubt SSgt.  (If you get the time or interest, send me an IM or e-mail, I was in around the same time as you -- Semper Fi.)

Say Paul, Wes, Order No. 1259 for the A.R.M.S. 22M68 cantilever extension is mine.  Thanks in advance.

O'DubhGhaill, out.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Wes:

You still have an A-4 and are contracting with FedEx on the side?  [;)]

You ROCK!!  [headbang]

Let's see, place internet order approximately 10:30 p.m. on Wednesday night 5/28/03.

Receive email from Wes 7:30 a.m. Thursday 5/29/03 with FedEx tracking number and saying "it will go out tonight."  (I didn't know if that meant Thursday in the zero-dark-thirty hours or Thursday p.m.)

Today, Friday 5/30/03 sometime before 10:30 a.m. I receive the new ARMS mount.

WOW!  [beer]

I don't have a lot of time as my new frige is getting delivered (will be update on my frige thread [;)]), but all I have to say is this new mount is [i]much[/i] better than the standard mount (which you can see in my pic earlier in this thread).  I was one who didn't really mind the standard setup, though I had it probably one notch further forward than I should have (footprint of mount on flattop could've been bigger).

Now, with the extension on, the M2 is [i]really[/i] instinctive.  All you really have to do is look for the front sight and you've got the M2 dot.

Not much time right now, but I'll try to get pics up tonight.

BTW, I like it.  [:)]

EDITED for typos.

EDITED again to add pics.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12877[/img]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12878[/img]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Im going to order one right now!

This is the perfect solution.  For right now I can have my Aimpoint forward mounted and then when I get a SIR I can just take the spacer out and not have to buy a new mount.

Order coming.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Is your website secure? I dont see the little lock thing on my browser like I usually do when paying for stuff.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Corey,

NICE rifle.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Corey,

NICE rifle.
View Quote

Thanks.  Like yours as well.

I've been really quite conservative on this one (getting the Colt enhanced M4 over the VLTOR).  This one is a KISS rifle.  Sometimes I kick myself, but I'll be a little more creative on the next one.

Next on the "to do" list is a rail sytem and light.  Don't know which one will come first.  I'm kind'a reluctant to spend money on an accesory rail, but really want a light and VFG.  The Z2 handheld works well in the meantime.

The BM SL upper is outstanding.  Unfortunately it's always purple in pics.  Never matches the Colt lower.  Looks perfectly black in person.  Dunno what's up with that....

EDITED to add that I've really been on the fence with the M900 versus a setup like yours (independent side mount).  I hate to say it but lately I've been leaning toward the side mount.  But that's an entirely new (and lengthy) thread, now isn't it?  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I just saw the cantilever mount from ARMS. I must say that it does solve a lot of my objections as it is definatly a lot more robust and less likely to get cought in the brush. If someone only shoots at the range and hasn't had to manuver thru thick underbrush and get snaged up at the worst wrong moment, or have one get bent from being dropped, then this cantilever might work out fine in the field compaired to the others.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Corey,

NICE rifle.
View Quote

Thanks.  Like yours as well.

View Quote

Let's not get caught up sucking each others... rifles. [:O]

Can anyone provide pics of an M2 (in a 22M68) mounted on the hump of the RASII compared to having an M2 mounted on this new cantilever mount in the position that Corey has it installed?

I'm trying to figure out if the cantilever actually moves the M2 out any farther than the hump on the RASII.  It almost looks like it's 1 notch forward, but I can't find any profile pics of an RASII to compare.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#14]
If you hump mount, you are stuck with one position. Your better off with a straight rail and multible straight line same ht. positions.
Good Shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I just received my Aimpoint set-up (Aimpoint ML2 - ARMS #22M68 - #22M68 cantilever - ARMS#40 BUIS) from MSTN.com - these guys rock.  I ordered my set-up on WED and got it FRI by Fedex.  So fast.  I dealt with Paul who was VERY responsive to my emails.  Awesome customer service.  

I needed this set-up for this Sunday's match and I got my Colt all geared up.  Although it took me hours to take off my stupid plastic Samcos to be able to install the ARMS #40 (was there an easier way????  I'm starting to HATE handguards).   Right now I'm looking at my Colt M-4 with the set-up complete (pics to follow in the Aimpoint set-up thread.  I couldn't be happier.  

MSTN.biz is the place to get your aimpoint gear.  Maybe one of these days I'll save up some more loot to finally buy a Knights RAS from MSTN.biz  Thanks Paul!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just saw the cantilever mount from ARMS.
View Quote
Here we go...sure you did.
I must say that it does solve a lot of my objections as it is definatly a lot more robust and less likely to get cought in the brush.
View Quote
 Really?  How, according to your logic, is it less likely to get "cought" in the brush than other cantilevers?  I'm surprised you can type while backpeddling so hard!  You really ought to re-read some of your old ravings on the topic -- some of us here already have so spare the B.S.!  
If someone only shoots at the range and hasn't had to manuver thru thick underbrush and get snaged up at the worst wrong moment, or have one get bent from being dropped, then this cantilever might work out fine in the field compaired to the others...
View Quote
 Again, how, according to your logic, is it less likely to get "cought" in the brush than other cantilevers?  Give us a break...why don't you admit your complete change of heart here is due only to the fact that A.R.M.S. is the manufacturer of this cantilever and your boss there at West Bridgewater wouldn't have you bad mouthin' their product here.  Before you work up a sweat, consider my questions rhetorical in light of your past drivel on the topic.  

Lookin' forward to receiving my amazing anti-brush-catching A.R.M.S. cantilever from MSTN (by the way did you all receive my order?  No word as of this post.).

O'DubhGhaill
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm settling in with a bowl of popcorn & a 2 liter Coke.

This is going to be fun...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey Dubba?
If you look at any of the cantilivers, they all stick out foward and are prone to all the things that can and do happen. If you take the time to look and compare them, you will see that the ARMS version has a longer support base and a much smaller area under the mount to get cought in branches. I am not back peddling, and if you read my last two posts with an eye to learning something, you might, maybe.
Jack  
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Make that one less in stock, assuming there was still at least one! [banana]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I got mine today! SUPER FAST shipping! It looks great, I mounted it but havent had a chance to fire the gun yet.  Ill post pics as soon as I take some.

Thanks Wes!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Nobody get me wrong here, I mean I have ARMS fever and bad.  I want two of there entire catalog just to make a puzzle with, because like, Legos, they are fun to play with.  I even put a Picatinny rail on the receiver and the handguard of a Henry Lever Action .22 that I bought with an Harris bipod and Arms adapter, and arms scope rings for the scope.

If there equipment is so wonderful, modular, functional, effective, and durable, why then do the military units like the Seals, Rangers, etc still use the Knight's cantilevers, and the railgrabbers.  Why do they not use ARMS????

Should I buy the ARMS cantilever or the Knight's, and please nobody say anything about the GG&G.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If there equipment is so wonderful, modular, functional, effective, and durable, why then do the military units like the Seals, Rangers, etc still use the Knight's cantilevers, and the railgrabbers.  Why do they not use ARMS????
View Quote

Just to add what [b]Troy[/b] said .... the military doesn't buy equipment like you and I do; newest item comes out, two day later we own it.

The KAC RAS has been out for at least six years, and NOW we're seeing it on our TV's.

If you're using your TV to confirm/deny the use of certain items of equipment by the military, your method is seriously flawed.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#24]
One other point - if the Military unlike most civilian weapon enthusiasts - dont add and subtract theri toys on a minute by minute basis.

Sight goes on - weapon shot, weapon cleaned, weapon back into stores.

Wpn draw - shot/patrolled with etc. turned in...

I dont F**K with my issue weapon/s half as much as I do with my civy toyz.  I bolt something on and leave it - so I can get used to it if I ever NEED to use it.

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#25]
btt
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top