Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 3:38:02 PM EDT
Any suggestions? I'm looking for a scope for around $200 for my Prarie Dog trip next month to Montana.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:35:08 PM EDT
tasco makes a mil-dot 6-24x44 varmint scope. i bought one from natchez shooting supply. it's around $64.00, i like it a whole lot. it may not be the top of the line but i love mine and it does the job on my 20" bushmaster 1-9 twist.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:27:26 PM EDT
Careful that you don't spend too little, you will get what you pay for... eventually. Just because a cheaper scope is working now doesn't mean it will hold its zero after a few hundred shots. If it does, good for you. I know a lot of people here don't like Tasco becase they've had bad experiences with their quality. I've never used one but supposedly they aren't very consistant. In my opinion there isn't a good scope for less than $300 for varmint hunting. And even that might not do it. If you have a good rifle and put a crappy scope on it you will have a crappy rifle. -Nick
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:38:55 PM EDT
try the bushnell 3200 series, I have had good luck withe the quality but if you can swing it the Springfield armory 4*14*40 tactical with the ranging system ($350.00)will add to the scorecard considerably in the kills vs. misses department.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:29:06 PM EDT
People rave about the Tasco Super Sniper. $299 will get you there. [url]http://www.swfa.com/riflescopes/supersniper/index.html[/url]
Top Top