Is it in production.  SMGlee?

Great article by SMG lee:
http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/eotech1.msnw

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure is, I'm looking at my new 551.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
It is, the rubberized control face is in production as is the full dive capable 33ft for 24 hours on the military 550 series.  please note this, only the 550 military model has the rubberized control face at this time.  there is no plans to use them on the 510 series tactical series.  

Thank you very much for your kind words on the article, Forest ask for a one page review, I end up with three pages.  [:)]

one of the EOTech guys testing cold weather dive capabilities.

[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/dive/Diver%20one.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:39:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Rec'd a 552 yesterday from Jerry's Shooting Supply on the E.E....rubber controls and GREAT folks to deal with. After reading about every post by SMGlee, I finally decided to get a 552 since I already own an Aimipoint M2....equal opportunity here.

BTW...is that a "MADE IN ENGLAND" sticker on that mag in the pic above?? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#4]
BTW...is that a "MADE IN ENGLAND" sticker on that mag in the pic above??  [:D]
View Quote

I thought it was one of those high dollar HK mags.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I thought it was one of those high dollar HK mags.
View Quote

Yup, that's what they look like to me too, maybe SMGLee can verify this... [:D]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm surprised no one has commented on the upper;

Isn't that one of the Arms Tech (?) 'Gas Trap' uppers that Peter Kokalis was swooning over a couple months back?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#7]
To this untrained eye, the upper looks like a BM Dissipator with their three-rail gas block.

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
To this untrained eye, the upper looks like a BM Dissipator with their three-rail gas block.

View Quote
Could be...
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#9]
The mag to me looks like the Orlite I just got from Midway with the "Made in Israel" sticker.

--Otter
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#10]
It is the DPMS dissy with a tri rail gas block.  the magazine is a British SA80 steel jobber.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top