Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/15/2003 12:57:41 PM EDT
Hey everyone. I've just gotten into the tactical rifle scene. I bought a Bushmaster A2 carbine. I spent more on the rifle than I originally intended to when I decided to buy an AR-15 (first started looking at the Olympic Arms Plinker, then moved up the quality scale).
I want to put a decent red dot optic on, but I can't afford a $350 Trijicon system. Any suggestions for something less expensive that will hold up to the recoil?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:50:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:08:17 PM EDT
I just got a BSA 30mm at the gun show for 40 bucks. I am trying to find some posts now with info on weather or not they are junk. But hell if it only lasts 500 rounds, I didnt pay much for it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:41:47 AM EDT
The OKO is an excellent reflex sight; I like mine better than I did my Aimpoint COMP-M XD. But by the time you invest in the sight, the roll cage and a gooseneck mount, you're talking darn near the same money! :-o The other problem is that one of the OKO's W/E adjustment screws is located on the back of the sight body - mounting it in a gooseneck mount doesn't allow enough clearance behind the sight to adjust the screw (A2 handle is in the way) without fabricating a dedicated tool (like a bent screwdriver shank). I've known plenty of folks to have good luck with an ARMS-style carry handle mount and a BSA or Simmons 30/42mm "beer can" red dot - at least until they decide whether or not they want something better or more advanced. For many, an inexpensive setup is all they need for casual applications; not everybody is using their AR to defend themselves or save the world. Those that ARE, certainly should have the best gear they possibly can!
Top Top