Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/13/2003 10:11:44 PM EDT
hello!
pls. help me choose what is the best medium range optics for HK94 carbine aside from aimpoints:->     thank you
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Why would you want a midium range optic for a 9mm carbine.  Aimpoint will give you the best possible option for a 9mm carbine and still allow shots out to 300 yards.  provided you want to shot your 9mm that far.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I currently have a Trijicon Reflex II with the 12.5 moa triangle on my MP-5. It has worked very well for me so far. I have not had a problem yet with the "washout" that a number of people have reported with the Reflex. I have not tried it yet under sodium vapor streetlights, however. I have noticed that the triangle is hard to pick up when going from a bright environment (brightly lit room or sunshine) to a dark room. That may be caused by my lousy eyesight, age, the Trijicon sight, or a combination of all of these.

I have been toying with the idea of replacing the Reflex with either an Aimpoint or an EOTech. I think either of them would be faster for CQB than the Reflex, and since my engagement ranges would almost certainly be 50 yds or less, that is the most important issue for me. I have an Aimpoint Comp M2 on my Bushy, and I have been very impressed with it. I have zero experience with the EOTech, but the concept looks very interesting, and a lot of people with more experience with these optics than I have speak very highly of it.

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as a CQB optic is concern, EOTech is the fastest.  The large 65 MOA circle is super fast, all you need is to bracket your target with it and you can make center mass hits at CQB range.  and if you need to make a precision shot like in a HR situation, you can use the fine 1 MOA dot in the center.  this is the faster CQB optic to use with your MP5 or UMPs.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#4]
the idea came from REMTEKs review re: the use of HENSOLDT 4x24 optics for semi-sniper application using the HK94 carbine (16" brl).
do you ahve any suggestions as an alternative to this HENSOLDT?   thanks
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]
iam also wondering if the compact shotgun scopes of Leupold with heavy duplex reticle 4x20  will be a good alternative to hensoldt 4x24 with heavy single post.

thanks
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#6]
This is only MY opinion, but putting a magnifying optic on a pistol-caliber carbine would be a waste of money, unless it will only be used for plinking; even then, as SMGLee has said, the Eotech would be a far better choice.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#7]
When and how are you going to take shots beyond 100 meters with a 16" 9 mm carbine?????

If you want magnification, try a Trijicon compact ACOG I guess. Otherwise, get an Aimpoint or Eotech. I like my Eotech 552 on my Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:44:36 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks for your opinion/ideas....but what about the concept of Emergency Sniper Carbine?   :->
isnt it necessary to fully identify the bad guys (hostage scenario) ...i have seen some German Spec. Ops. put some medium powered scopes on their MP5s. when a BG stormed an embassy a few months ago...  
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a first generation Reflex on a gooseneck mount for my 9mm carbine.  The only magnified option I have considered is the compact ACOG.  That’s cause I will never shoot the carbine beyond 250yds for snipe shots [i](that'll just piss someone off and reveal my position anyways)[/i], and the compact ACOG can be interchanged between rifles because it's not rifle/ammunition specific.    

Check out the compact 1.5x, 2x and 3x ACOG's for your 9mm.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#10]
are refering to TA31?     :->    how much is the ta31 nowadays? thanks
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#11]
No, he's talking about the compact ACOGs. That's probably what you want to put on your HK 94 if you want to pretend you have a $2000 Hensholdt German scope, like the GSG-9 does.

A TA-31 is impossible to come by right now due to the war. They run about $800+ normally. A compact ACOG can be had for under $600 without the mount for the MP5 (Trijicon sells them for the MP5 in conjunction with the compact ACOG).

[url]http://www.swfa.com/riflescopes/trijicon/trijacog.html[/url]

See the MP5 on the bottom:

[img]http://www.swfa.com/riflescopes/trijicon/compact_big.jpg[/img]

Check out the tacked post on top of the optics forum. It has pics of various ACOGs. I personally like the triangle, and I've seen it with my own eyes too. I think the cross hair has to much thickness in the day time due to the fiber optic illumination.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#12]
ok thanks for the tip...so what should i get?  ta26,24,40 or 39?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#13]
i dreamed last night.,.....its about the AIMPOINT WITH MAGNIFICATION.....will it be the one im waiting for?      what do you think?    HK 94  16" carbine as an Emergency Sniper Rifle Concept...
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#15]
thanks troy....you saved me from a nightmare if i bought the magnified aimpoint...im still waiting for more inputs for my concept: "emergency sniper 9mm carbine" where i need to engage BG within 50m with "SURGICAL ACCURACY" & positive Target Identification...
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#17]
troy,   what particular model can you recomend for an 2x 0r 3x acog?  (the one which is the budget practical?) :->                          i do believe that aimpoint is still the best like the one installed on my M4....

thanks
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#19]
i have already limited my options now to aimpoint & the acog compact ta40.....what would be the best reticle for me?    thanks
im not sure if the SWFA have the TA40 in their stock?      

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top