Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2003 3:42:21 PM EDT
I have asked many questions the last few weeks about the Trijicon compact acogs that many of you have responded to. I know have a better idea of what I want to put on my shorty AR.

I've narrowed it down to either the TA50 which is a 3x scope or the 2x power acog (can't remember model #). Is the 3x scope ok for CQB? I want the scope for short range out to 200 yards. Anyone have any thoughts on these 2 or any other suggestions are welcomed. I'm wanting to buy the scope this week.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:55:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The BAC portion of the ACOG line works the same no matter what the magnification is.  The thing you should be considering is whether the 3X is too little of eye relief for you.  It is for me but not others.  If its not to short for your taste get the 3X and if it is get the 2X.  I see no use for the 1.5X ACOGS.

You also need to see if the reticles work in BAC mode for YOU.  For ME the crosshair in the compact ACOG does not allow the use of BAC in either red or amber.  Make sure you try before you buy or you might not get the right sight for YOU.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top