Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/10/2003 8:48:42 PM EDT
A good friend of mine loves the Reflex 2 and I have shot his AR many times with the site. I personally have a hard time seeing the amber dot, especially out in the woods where it tends to wash out. I have been thinking of the Reflex 2 w/ the triangle though I haven't seen one in person before. So until I do, I would appreciate some opinions from those who own one. Is it a pronounced triangle? Anything else you care to add would be appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:04:18 PM EDT
I have the amber triangle sight and I really like it. The triangle is useful because it allows you to use the tip of the triangle for accurate shooting, but still use the entire triangle for closeup targets - like the dot. I am curious as to whether I should have bought the red triangle, but I have not seen how the red triangle stacks up to amber yet. There will still be those situations that you may likely have a washout. I use the polarizing lens to adjust for those instances. It works great for me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:14:24 AM EDT
martinmayhem, are you talking about a red reticle compact ACOG or a Reflex 2 sight? I was not aware of a red reticle Refelx 2.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:33:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DevL: martinmayhem, are you talking about a red reticle compact ACOG or a Reflex 2 sight? I was not aware of a red reticle Refelx 2.
View Quote
I was talking about the reflex. Just checking into it, I realize your right, there is only the amber color. I had thought all along there were multiple colors for the reflex, just like the ACOG's. Sorry about that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:34:09 AM EDT
edblevi, I will only say this. I will never again own an optic with blue tinted glass. It makes it like wearing sunglasses at night so the optic has limited utility in low light. It works up close but at a distnace where you would close one eye for precision it sucks and two eyes open at long range does not work well for me.
Top Top