Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2003 5:10:52 PM EDT
Howdy all,

Time for a new scope. I'm considering Leupold VX-II, Burris Fullfield II, Nikon Monarch, and Weaver Grand Slam. Something 3x-9x, 3x-10x or so. I've always had excellent luck with Leupold. I've looked at the others but havn't had the opportunity to shoot them. Are they up to par with Leupold? Any input you can give is very much appreciated. Scope is going on a Bushy V-match Carbine.

Thanks,

Gil
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
In this price point the Weaver GS and then the Nikon is MY preference.

The Nikon and Weaver will make the Leupold VX-II look sick.

I use two Mk4's and one VariXIII on my three bolt guns.  The VX-II is a nice scope but the Weaver GS line is designed to compete with the VariXIII.  It does this is spades.  If I didn't want the side focus, and M3 BDC system then I would likely save about $400 and get the Weaver, but alas I want thos features.

YMMV.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had all (or still do) the brands you mentioned. I'd suggest you give the Bushnell Elite 4200 series a try. It's a heck of a scope for the money and equal to or better than the others you're considering.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In this price point the Weaver GS and then the Nikon is MY preference.

The Nikon and Weaver will make the Leupold VX-II look sick.
View Quote
Ditto. I have compared a Weaver GS, a Nikon Monarch, and a Leupold Vari-X II side-by-side, and the Weaver and Nikon scopes were FAR clearer and brighter than the leupold.

Ipschoser1 also has a good idea, concerning the Elite 4200 series.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top