Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2003 3:50:36 AM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with an ATN professional 5x33LU?  Are they reliable and are the optics clear?  What about weight?
thanks
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Im in the same boat, thinking about the 2-6 X 40, but have heard neither good nor bad, only that they are a little on the heavy side, and that ATN's nightvision stuff is quality... would somebody give us a heads up?
[newbie]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:03:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had the 5x33 LU on my last AR. It was heavy but well built. This time around, on my new AR, I chose the IOR Valdata M2. I prefer the IOR, but can't really say anything bad about the ATN scope.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've had the 5x33 LU on my last AR. It was heavy but well built. ... but can't really say anything bad about the ATN scope.
View Quote

Ditto.

The scope works well, but is a bit on the heavy side.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered the 5x33 with the BDC for .223. It was a very heavy duty well made scope. However...I seem to have bad luck when ordering scopes "Sight un-seen" when it arrived the retical was rotated. I returned it after calling and speaking with a number of people that I could hardly understand. (Different nationality...no offense, just very difficult to understand) They sent me another one...that retical was also rotated...although very little this time, it still bugged the hell outta me. I would probably buy one again, but I would surely want to see it first.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]
My 533L is a hunk of junk! Very dim and lot's of distortion on the edges. It's very heavy, I guess on the good side, if your weapon fails, you could hit em with it!
Save the cash and buy a GOOD SCOPE!
BTW, the rotating retical is common...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top