Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/14/2002 6:37:41 PM EDT

Here are my choices, the RX14, 15 and 23(from the top down.

The RX 14 looks like it has a detachable spacer on it, and the RX15 is the same thing w/o the spacer. If this is the case, then I can get the RX14 and take the spacer off and have an RX15?
Also, will the RX15 and RX23 put the reflex at the same height?
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 7:43:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/14/2002 7:44:14 PM EDT by Furet]
Boom I have the RX-14 mount. You cannot seperate the base from the 3 spacers. Also look at the RX-15, there is a recessed cut to allow space for a screw protruding under the sight. The RX-14 it is a good height to mount to the flattop, the RX-15 would be good for mounting on a swan sleeve or riser. IMHO the #23 is a quick detach version, also for mounting on a sleeve or riser. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 8:50:17 PM EDT
Another question for you guys. Which mount can you use with a flip up rear sight like the #40 that will be usable without removing the # 14 or whatever mount? Thanks Guys... S1AZ
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 12:09:27 PM EDT
Sniper1az, if you are using the RX-14 mount you can use any BUIS you want, you will be mounting the Reflex towards the front of the rail. You will have enough space for even the DPMS A2 permanent sights. If using the RX-15 or RX-23 then I am assuming you will be using a rail. The #38 swan sleeves from ARMS have the #40 sight incorporated into the rail, some rails form GG&G are just risers, these will not allow the required space for all BUIS models. In that case look for some info concerning ARMS or GG&G rails for size details. I don't know enough about these different rails to guide you. Either combinations RX-14 or RX-15 with riser will allow the use of BUIS without removing the Reflex. You can look through the REFLEX to use the BUIS. It's actually neet cause if your BUIS and REFLEX are sighted for the same range, the REFLEX dot will show-up on the tip of your front sight post. Hope this helps.
Top Top