User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2002 2:48:39 PM EDT
The three choices are
:Trijicon Reflex II 12.5 Moa two years old
:Trijicon ACOG 1.5x24 Model TA 45-2 amber tirangle
:Aimpoint M2 CET  

It will probably be mounted on my Bushmaster Model XM15-E2S (11.5 inch barrell)with removable handle and collapsable stock.Or I might mount it on my AR15 9MM cabine .

What sight would you choose and why ?
Pros and cons of each sight .

The cost is $500 for the reflex , $800 for the ACOG and $580 for the Aimpoint .

Please consider the price in your choice .

Thanks    
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#1]
First of all, you are getting raped on your prices. At [url]www.sableco.net[/url] Reflex is available all day long for $289, the Comp ACOGs are $580 and the Aimpoint M2 is $390. Now that this is out of the way...

The ballistic limitations inherant in your 11.5" barrel or 9mm carbine kind of limits you to close range effectiveness. So keeping that in mind, I would probably skip the magnification of the ACOG. Even though it will shoot accurately out at distances where you might appreciate the magnification, the round will be pretty worthless at those distances.

That being the case, I would go with the Aimpoint on a GG&G Cantilever mount, backed by a ARMS #40 BUIS. Very quick and easy to use out to well beyond the range where your rifle will be effective (ballistically that is).
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 1:46:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry I guess I should have said the prices are in Canadian funds .
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top