Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2002 8:29:01 AM EDT
I recently purchased one of these from SWFA, and despite my best efforts, I cannot get the thing to tighten onto the battery compartment of my Comp M.  I can only get about 3/4 of a turn before the module jams and won't tighten anymore.  Has anybody had a similar problem?  Could the threads be out of spec?  Any other ideas?  SWFA?  Thanks.

Andy
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up Wes.  I'm not sure if you just saved me 25 or so bucks on the battery module or costed me 300+ bucks on a new Aimpoint. [;)]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Great!  NOW they tell me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#4]
MedicAJ,
  I have one of the newer aimpoints.  If you want, I'll give you whatever you paid for it.  Only catch is you pick up the shipping.  Let me know.

toast

Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Shipping ought to be 37 cents!

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad this came up, I was ready to get one for a second spare battery.  I have a question though: I bought my ML when the ML2s came out and bought a GG&G cant ring mount.  The cap on the cant ring fits the ML fine.  So did GG&G  latter change the cap to fit the ML2, or can it no longer be used as a spare?
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
THEY ONLY WORK WITH THE NEW COMP M2 AND ML2. THE DOUBLE BATTERY MODULE ISN'T COMPATIBLE WITH OLDER AIMPOINTS.

WES GRANT
[URL]MSTN.BIZ[/URL]
View Quote

wow, like the others here, I too have been eyeballin one of them! But I have the 'older' version... so this saves me some trouble (sorta).

Nothing like being deep in the poop and needing another battery.  Not like you can call "time out" and go to the store and get one! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 4:03:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got one of these battery holding grips and it is pretty functional. Feels comfortable and holds 2 Aimpoint batteries plus either 2 surefire or AA batteries in a rattle free, watertight compartment.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=146084&w=searchPop[/url]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top