Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/12/2002 1:06:28 PM EDT
Has anyone tried out one of these yet? Would it be similar to the Tasco SS? They are priced very resonable.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 10:10:09 AM EDT
I just ordered one. I'll post a review once I've received it. For less than $200 I think it's worth a try.

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/129037

Link Posted: 11/14/2002 2:08:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/14/2002 2:12:12 PM EDT by GreginWV]
I have had one for a couple months now, they are a very nice scope, and well worth the money.
I have several Elite series scopes, and all are excellent scopes. Just remember the Elite has no parallax adjustment and a 1" tube.

I have a Tasco SS also, they are much better than the Elite. They are also well worth the extra $100.00 or so. You get what you pay for here.

If you go with the Elite, I got mine from D&R Sports, I think they have the best deal..$156.80

D&R Elite

PS. That free rain parka they send you is very nice.

Greg

Edit to add link
Link Posted: 11/17/2002 5:58:22 AM EDT
GreginWV,
Since I am not real hard core I guess this scope fits the bill for my needs. Thanx for for the link on where to buy it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 9:25:23 AM EDT
As soon as I saw it for that price, I cancelled my order from Midway and placed an order from D&R. Thanks for the link.
It should fit my needs for the 2-3 times a year I actually do any optics shooting.

Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:43:32 PM EDT
I am going to the see if I can find one locally on Friday. I hope I like it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 10:19:10 AM EDT
I received my Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 mil-dot scope yesterday. I'm quite pleased with it. I'd rate the optics overall "very good". The optics are very clear, just as good as my fixed-power Leupold. But don't expect clarity, light-gathering, or resolution of an IOR. It definitely has the feel of a "sporter scope". The elevation knobs seem to take about twice the force to turn as the windage knobs. The construction of the scope overall seems very durable. I can also see how the adjustable parallax would be nice with this scope, but for the price of $156 + shipping I can't complain too bad. I love the mil-dots, I don't even have it on a rifle yet and I'm already ranging the goats on the hill across the canyon from my house. Hopefully I can get some range time in the next couple days to try it out.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 12:35:57 PM EDT
Well my local store didn't have it. I guess I'll have to order it. Let me know how it goes at the range.
Top Top