Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/12/2002 1:06:28 PM EDT
Has anyone tried out one of these yet?  Would it be similar to the Tasco SS?  They are priced very resonable.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered one. I'll post a review once I've received it. For less than $200 I think it's worth a try.

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/129037

Link Posted: 11/14/2002 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had one for a couple months now, they are a very nice scope, and well worth the money.
I have several Elite series scopes, and all are excellent scopes. Just remember the Elite has no parallax adjustment and a 1" tube.

I have a Tasco SS also, they are much better than the Elite. They are also well worth the extra $100.00 or so. You get what you pay for here.

If you go with the Elite, I got mine from D&R Sports, I think they have the best deal..$156.80

D&R Elite

PS. That free rain parka they send you is very nice.

Greg

Edit to add link
Link Posted: 11/17/2002 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#3]
GreginWV,
Since I am not real hard core I guess this scope fits the bill for my needs.  Thanx for for the link on where to buy it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#4]
As soon as I saw it for that price, I cancelled my order from Midway and placed an order from D&R. Thanks for the link.
It should fit my needs for the 2-3 times a year I actually do any optics shooting.

Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going to the see if I can find one locally on Friday.  I hope I like it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I received my Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 mil-dot scope yesterday. I'm quite pleased with it. I'd rate the optics overall "very good". The optics are very clear, just as good as my fixed-power Leupold. But don't expect clarity, light-gathering, or resolution of an IOR. It definitely has the feel of a "sporter scope". The elevation knobs seem to take about twice the force to turn as the windage knobs. The construction of the scope overall seems very durable. I can also see how the adjustable parallax would be nice with this scope, but for the price of $156 + shipping I can't complain too bad. I love the mil-dots, I don't even have it on a rifle yet and I'm already ranging the goats on the hill across the canyon from my house. Hopefully I can get some range time in the next couple days to try it out.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Well my local store didn't have it.  I guess I'll have to order it.  Let me know how it goes at the range.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top