Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/11/2002 3:58:08 PM EDT
Figures I'd get into this board just as the "Search" function is being revamped. If this is a topic that has been beaten to death sometime in relatively recent history, I apologise, but here goes:

Now that my Bushie M4gery is settled in to my home, I am beginning to see the vague outline of either an Armalite AR-10(T) or a standard AR-10A4 in the future. This rifle seems the type where the optic can make or break the experience. I am less of a "sniper wannabe" and more of a "DMR wannabe", so I am hoping for something of a "general purpose" scope that allows the rifle to be used both in CQB and at range. The combination of a 5.5x50 tritium illuminated scope with Trijicon's BAC system seems basically perfect.....on paper.

Soooo, does ANYONE on this board have any real experience with this scope. Specifically, I am curious if the extra mass/size of the objective lens interferes with the BAC function.

B:)
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 4:05:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 11:10:23 AM EDT
I've been anxiously awaiting the release of the TA55a for over a year now. I sampled the TA55 at the SHOT show in Vegas and I was duly impressed. I can't wait to get one for my HK91.

As far as I know the TA55a isn't released yet and is still listed as "backordered" on the Trijicon website.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 12:18:40 PM EDT
Great advise by Wes@MSTN, you will definitely be much happier with the TA11.

Matter of fact, Wes had some TA55 in stock back about a month or so ago, i don't know what is his status on those at this time. I think you should follow Wes' advise and go with the TA11 for your rifle.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 12:22:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 2:47:27 PM EDT
Thank you, Wes and SMGLee for your input. As I said, this rifle will probably not happen until next year, but if it does I will have MSTN first on my shopping list for the scope when it does.

I guess I was hoping for a scope that did "everything", and I didn't even stop to consider the weight. I am still hoping for the higher magnification, so I guess I need to actually get my hands on the scope at a gun show or store and see if the increased weight is something I can put up with.

Gee, it would be nice if they made the TA31 series with a .308 reticle.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 5:41:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/13/2002 5:42:20 AM EDT by MSTN]
Top Top