User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2002 7:54:08 AM EDT
Would these two items work together?
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Have seen pic, someone here has this set-up so it will work, however attractive it isn't.

Swan-sleeve an #40 looks much better, IMHO.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I had that set-up, and no one ever commented on it being anything other than very attractive This was phase I of the rifle. It is now on phase III and is no longer configured like this.

It fits, and works well. The GG&G rail will already fit over M4 style handguards and offers a little more extention.

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Which Swan Sleeve works with the #40?

I have a #40, and don't want to buy the #38.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#4]
There is no swan sleeve that works with the #40. all swan sleeves come with a #40 built right in, or without one and no room to mount.

I presume you are trying to mount an optic to the rifle. Which optic are you going to use? You may not need a rail at all.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm mounting a USO SN-3. (30mm tube, 44mm obj)
I'm using the USO Posi-Shift Mount.

It needs to come up, just a bit, so that the obj.lens can clear the rail on the PRI Tube.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Yikes! Nice scope! I think an extended rail is in order and if you already have the #40 and want to keep it (I would too), the GG&G rail will fit. It is a tight fit, but it works as you can see in the above picture.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
This maybe a dumb question (if so please forgive, I'm new here...)

In the pic above, is the #40 mounted on, or behind the GS-1 rail?  I can't quite make it out...

mn_308
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Behind it. If it were mounted on top it would be mounted too high to work correctly with the front sight. I hope no one needs other pics of this configuration, these happen to be the only two I have, and like I mentioned, that rifle is not in that configuration any more...

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top