Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/29/2002 3:53:01 PM EDT
I found out from first-hand experience that an EO-Tech 552 DOES NOT fit onto an A.R.M.S. #19A Quick-Detach Weaver Mount Rail. The base of the EO-Tech is too wide and it hits the throw levers. This keeps the EO-Tech from sitting low enough to grip the rail.

I'm trying to mount my EO-Tech on my M1A and have a A.R.M.S. #18 installed on the rifle. The #19A fits onto the #18 like gangbusters. Needless to say I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't work. I could mount the EO-Tech directly to the front base of the #18, but it just doesn't look sturdy enough to me. I want the EO-Tech to have a better grip on the mounting system. A Swan Sleeve looks like it might work, but I'd have to remove the rear AR sight.

Any suggestions on what else might work??
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 4:25:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:30:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2002 5:33:28 PM EDT by sgtstinger]
The A.R.M.S. #36 does not work, either.

The mounting cross-bolts do not line up correctly with the #18 mount. The rear of the rail is also too long and hits the rear sight.

Looks like I'm just going to have to mount my EO-Tech to the front of the #18 mount.

It looks pretty good, sort of the "Scout Rifle" look. I hope it's sturdy enough.

I might get around to posting a picture in a day or two...
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 12:44:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2002 12:46:13 PM EDT by sgtstinger]
The EO-Tech fits the front part of the A.R.M.S. #18 mount alright...but the EO-Tech sits so low that the empty shell casings will hit it and not extract fully, thus causing a jam. [pissed] I removed the EO-Tech from the rifle. I also removed the A.R.M.S. #18 mount from the rifle and sold it. I'm going to try a Smith Enterprise mount next. It [b]SHOULD[/b] work. I'll post the results and maybe a picture or two when I get this project completed. Please stay tuned...
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 12:54:49 PM EDT
It's here... The BBT just delivered my Smith Enterprise M1A Scope Mount. Is this thing solid or what? My first impression is that it's a VERY HEAVY piece of precision-machined STEEL. It could probably be run over a few times by a truck and suffer little or no damage. Well, I'm off to mount it on my M1A. I'll take some pictures and post them when I'm finished.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:08:35 PM EDT
Sgt. Stinger, thank you greatly for your observations and time in giving this info. That's why this board is such a great resource!
Top Top