Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/24/2002 9:32:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2002 9:34:52 PM EDT by ArmdLbrl]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=145593&page=1

Unfortunately the author of the original article in the Marine Corps Times didn't know the model of ACOG being tested, just that it was one of the ones with a chevron recticle.

Probably though it was TA11 or TA31 wouldn't you think?

They also unveiled a new 5.56mm M16 based DMR-the M14 revival attempt appears to have finally run its course.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 10:33:34 PM EDT
TA11, TA31 and TA55 all have the chevron reticle. Initially, I would doubt it is a TA55. Though the article specifically says the optic is a "scope", it could also be the Tripower, which uses a chevron reticle. Especially since they are talking about it replacing the "dot" reticles of the non-magnified Aimpoint.

All the above is purely speculation
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 10:46:27 PM EDT
No the guy doing the article at least got this part in:

Gunners were given the opportunity to fire a modified M16A2 rifle with the Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight, a rail-mounted scope built by Michigan-based Trijicon.

The Tripower and Reflex series are not ACOGs.
It could, I suppose, be a Compact. But it has to be something labeled ACOG, this reporter doesn't strike me as good enough to have made that up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 11:32:20 PM EDT
Yeah, I read the whole thing. Though not commonly reffered to as ACOGs, the Reflex's are in the ACOG line and are clearly stamped ACOG right on the optic housing... I know its a little confusing, and I have no idea if Trijicon is considering the Tripower part fo the ACOG line as well, but like I said, its all just speculation...

Also, I doubt it is a Compact, because while they are ACOG's they do not come with a Chevron. Then again, I'm sure if the USMC wanted Comp ACOGs with Chevrons, Trijicon would make them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 7:33:24 AM EDT
I HAD ALSO HEARD THAT THEY WERE TESTING THE US OPTIC'S SN-12.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 11:07:27 AM EDT
One of the evaluators (gunners) also said that he liked the dot opposed to the chevron. Said the dot was easier to use. K.I.S.S people!

I read that article online 2 minutes after I subscribed.

Semper Fidelis
Top Top