Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2002 2:27:23 AM EDT
I was digging around on there site and like what they offer, just wanna ake sure im not gonna get ripped.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 2:40:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I would have to say that Leupold is the premier American brand of optics, and one of the best in the world.

You can read reviews of some of their optics at snipercountry.com.

I have a Leupold Tactical 3.5-10x40 on my Remington PSS.

Good prices on Leupolds can be found at S. W. F. A. Incorporated.

Fight Terrorism - Support Israel

edited to fix link
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 2:42:06 AM EDT
[#2]
OK cool. Now maybe someone could answer this. Whats the break down of the scope numbers?

Like yours Bailey. 3.5-10x40???  I know it means the power and all but never got a real good grasp on it as I grew up using iron sights.

Thanx agian.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 2:49:42 AM EDT
[#3]
The 3.5-10 refers to powers of magnification.  In other words, my scope will magnify from 3.5 times at the low end to 10 times at the high end.
The 40 refers to the size of the objective (front) lens, which is 40mm on my scope.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 2:51:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Ahhhhhh.. Gottcha.. Thanx ya berry much
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 3:00:36 AM EDT
[#5]
OK, just placed an order for a Leupold Vari-x III 4.5-14x50 with flip covers.  :)  Hehhehehe Kinda an overkill for a .22?  LOL j/k  RRA AR15 soon to come.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 3:26:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, you make up your mind quick, don't you?
Did you order from SWFA?
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 3:40:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Hehhehe.. Yeah I did. Good site. I did alot of reading off Leupolds site first though. So I was educated somewhat.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 3:56:51 AM EDT
[#8]
That's good.  How do you plan on mounting your new scope?  You do realize that the larger the Objective lens, the higher the scope must be mounted.  Sometimes that causes a problem being able to get a good cheek weld when you are looking through the scope.

Congratulations on your purchase and I think you will be very happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 4:16:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Well It will be going on an S.I.R. from ARMS. Just need to figure out which mounts im gonna use. Got any suggestions as to what will work with that scope and "maybe" match the S.I.R.????
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top