Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2002 9:13:24 PM EDT
I just got one of the Bushnell Holosight refurbs from Natchez and was disappointed to find it won't mount on the Rock River Arms flattop riser I have.  It looks as if there's not enough meat on the underside of the riser's rail.  With the holosight tightened all the way, it's still loose on the rail and moves around.  The holosight will mount securely on my Bushmaster's flat top, but with no riser, the front sight is in the way.

Has anyone run into this before?  Is this just the way the RRA riser is, or was mine improperly machined?  Are there other risers the earlier model holosights are known to be compatible with?
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 3:49:53 AM EDT
[#1]
The Holosight mounts directly to the flattop upper and no riser or spacer in needed.  This places the 1 MOA dot at or near the tip of the front sight.  There is no reason that it isn't fitting correctly on the RRA unit, so it sounds like that thing is out of spec.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 4:16:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a rock river flat top with an Eotech on it and it is mounted directly on the flat top.  Mine puts the dot near the tip of the front sight like Eric said it should.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top