Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2002 7:39:17 AM EDT
Thinking of a Bushmaster flattop 16" upper with an Eotech 552.  For that matter, is the Eotech the way to go or C-More, or ?  What rear sight should I get that will clamp right on and cowitness without modification?  Is the ARMS 40 what I need or DPMS or CCGC (sic)?  Thanks in advance for the help and any comments.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#1]

I have a 16" Bushmaster flattop, and an Eo511... very similar setup. I saved some money by moving the Eotech out onto the rail system, as indicated above (she likes the Bushmaster...). The iron sights on the carry handle co-witness just fine, and the Eotech gives a crisp sight picture.

Not very elegant looking, I agree, but it works just fine. I already had the flattop handle and money was tight... I suppose if I had extra $$$ I'd like a rear sight and move the Eotech back onto the reciever, but this does well enough for me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I would highly suggest getting the EOTech, the C-more is just not as well made.

ARMS #40, KAC 300 or 600m, GG&G MAD or A2 are all good sight and they will co-witness with your red dot, ARMS#40 being my favorite.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Colt AR-15 A3 with a GG&G rear flip up and Eotech 511.  When right down on the rail, the 511 PERFECTLY aligns with the irons.

The GG&G A2 sight is great, because it uses the same parts as your factory sight, and now comes with a lock, so it will not accidently get dropped to the down position.

Good Luck!!

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks ya'll.  So I'm hearing that the GG&G sight is a better piece of gear?  What do de gubment use?  I'm leaning toward the GG&G over the ARMS40.  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Gov't uses the KAC 300m, but lots of spec op guys liek the #40.  The best feature of the #40 is the spring loaded pop up.  Even if you drag the gun through the bushes, your rear sight will always stay up.  This is not the same with GG&G nor the KAC.  

If you look at some recently released photots, you will see lots of cut A4 handle, so the operator will have a fixed rear sight, and the red dot is mounted far forward on the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Eotech 552 and an ARMS#40 on a flat top.  Even with the optic mounted, it is not a problem to use the irons.  I can't comment on the GGG, but the ARMS is a quality piece of equipment that would be hard to improve on.

Other than replacing the apreture with a standard A2.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Alright, done a bit more research and its looking like back to the ARMS40 and Eotech 552.  What about the front sight adjustment for the arms40 on the flattop?  Any problems?  When the arms40 folds down, is it out of the way of the eotech?  I really do appreciate ya'lls input.  It saves me a great deal of time (and bad decisions)!
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#8]
My issue M4 has the EOtech 551 and the ARMS 40 flip up. Some of our guys have the GGG.  No problems with sight alignment with front sight. Either one is excellent.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's a pic that should give you an idea of how an Eotech co-witnesses with an ARMS #40...

Link Posted: 9/13/2002 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys.  And Zardoz, that is way cool and quite instructive.  Can't wait to put everything together and hit the range.  Muchos gracias.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#11]
This post was also VERY helpful for me, and the pic that Zardoz posted was just what I needed. Whats the old saying? A picture is worth a thousand words. (especially for me) Thanks guys.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top