Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2002 10:00:38 PM EDT
Just wondering if any of you have had problems with the large aperature being drilled off-center on the ARMS flip-up BUIS?

I recently installed one of these to complete my SIR-M and the large aperature (0-200) is off to the right of center.  The small aperature appears to be perfectly centered.

Cam someone fill me in on whether or not this is normal?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#1]
All milspec A2 leaf apertures are compensated to allow for the shift on the thread when going fro one to the other, alignment in shooting zero is the same. Normal!
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the insight Jack.
Yeah, it makes perfect sense that there would be some windage shift as the aperatures are rotated between large and small on the horizontal sight screw!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top