Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2002 4:13:24 PM EDT
I'm new to this site and to scopes. Always been an iron sight guy, but the purchase of a Rem PSS prompted the need for a scope. Bought a Tasco SS 10X42M from the nice folks at SWFA to sit on top. Seems to be a nice scope even when sitting beside a Leupold.

My question is what range should the main sighting in be done at?

Thanks in advance. I know I've asked the right people.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#2]
After you mount the scope. First thing you want to do is MAKE SURE that the vertical crosshair is right in line with the bore. You want the scope to be level. There are a whole bunch of different ways of doing it, including little gadgets and such, I just eyeball it. Then you'll want to bore sight the scope. You can do it at anywhere between 25-50 yards. Take the bolt out of your rifle and set it in a firm rest. Line up the bore with a target, either by looking down the bore, or putting a deprimed case in the chamber works too, kinda like a peep sight. then just line up the scope to the target while the bore is lined up to the target. This should get you on paper.. Now just zero to whatever range you want. Whether it be 100 or 150 or 500! That's really upto you as it depends on your preferences or what you intend to do with the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top