Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2002 11:37:05 PM EDT
Is Trijicon ever going to sell these things or what?
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Imb,

I don't know.  They are advertised in Shotgun news, but don't know if that dealer has them in stock.  I don't have the money for one now anyway.  Well, maybe.

TS
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Im sure it will be any time now. I seriously, seriously doubt they are going to scrap it. No way. One was just featured in GW/LE atop a M96. Between thin optic and the soon to be released Modular Stock System from MagPul Ind... I am going out of my mind with anticipation!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:03:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Same here - I already have the $ set aside for both & it took great restraint not to spend it on the TA55!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sitting here waiting with the money set aside too.  I will certainly buy one, and maybe two.  I hope they come out soon.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have anyword on these?  I'm needing something to replace the aimpoint-ml that I have right now

Mike
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I got an email from Carrie at Trijicon Customer Service on Monday saying they expect to ship these out "at the beginning of the month".  That either means this month (and they are a little late) or next month -which is only 3 weeks away.  It had better be worth the wait - and the $$!
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anyone have anyword on these?  I'm needing something to replace the aimpoint-ml that I have right now

Mike

needing?  Oh, you've got it bad.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Me, too.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#9]
military first.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey guys,

You piqued my curiousity so I went to Trijicons website.  I don't want to start a flame war, I really want to know.   What is so special about this new sight?  From what I gleaned it is  a modernized Reflex sight with zero magnification.  I don't get it.  Why is this "better"?  or is it Trijicon doesn't know how to market on their website?

Thanks.

James
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Many people love the Aimpoint b/c it is a super rugged, super simple, super quick optic to use. However, some people do not like that it is battery dependant and you have to turn it on.

For those people who did not want to rely on batteries, and have a optic that is always on, they went the Reflex route. A lot of people really loved the Reflex's triangle reticle as well. You can use this tip for making accurate shots out at greater distances, while maintining a big reticle that is VERY quick to place on target for CQB. Dot reticles lack the size and tip for increased accuracy potential at distances.

Reflex is another great optic. Super rugged, super simple, super fast. But having it depend soley on tritium and fiber optics lead to some problems with the reticle washing out. In addition, the triangle is some times too big and solid and can cover too much of your target if you have to hold over for bullet drop.

The Tri-power seems like it is the best of all worlds in that it is not battery dependant, and is always on. Yet it does have a battery back up for the times when an old Reflex would have washed out.

It also has a Chevron reticle, which is much like an upside down "V". It maintains the large size of the triangle, which is awesome for CQB, maintains the tip, which is great for longer shots, but hollows out the bottom so it wont cover up more of the target than is necessesary. In addition, they made the reticle useful for range estimation. Width of the bottom outside edges is the same width as a average human torso at 100 yards. Width of the insdide of the V is the same as the width of a human torso at 200 yards.

This thing is has a lot going for it and a lot of us are super EAGER to get our hands on it and see if it is everything we are hyping it up to be! Anyway, at least these are some reasons why I am so eager to see it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:44:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Eager is a vast understatement; I find myself checking the boards solely for a release update.
(& the MSS, too!)
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:38:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks new-arguy.  I admit, I like a bit of magnification and prefer the ACOG units, but now I understand why this is awaited.  Maybe I'll see o ne on the rnage some day.

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:43:33 AM EDT
[#14]
The tri-power is a mythological beast!
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, personally my prefference also lies with the BAC ACOGs and the TA31 sits atop my favorite rifle... because it is my favorite ACOG. However, I also have an Aimpoint and a Reflex on other rifles, because they are awesome optics as well. Sonn enough, (I hope) a Tripower will join the family.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#16]
OK. Here's the latest and greatest. Talked with Trijicon today. Tripower probably not before November (said they wanted to "get it right"; so I asked them why they can't "get it right" sooner, and I'm SURE that motivated them to work overtime. Secondly, the RX09 will be available in "November" (figure January). I suggest they change their name to Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire Optics.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 3:23:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Is Trijicon ever going to sell these things or what?

Is the Tri Power going on the 10/22 or the S&W Model 10?
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Nice Ruger 10/22/14/mini-15/ar-22!  Only things I can think of that could make it better would be a Beta C-mag, a FIRSH, and of course a Tri-power!
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Any have a picture of the thing mounted to an AR-15?  Every picture I've seen shows the sight alone.  I'd like to see what the package would look like.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Total Photoshop job, I have no idea if it is the right scale, but it might look a little something like this... satisfied!

Link Posted: 9/16/2002 4:43:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Neil -
Good one! BTW, what's the virtual price on your virtual TriPower? Does it produce virtual sub-MOA groups??
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Right now there is virtually no way to tell! Hahahahahaha
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Neat!  Nice work.  It gives us an idea what it might look like mounted.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top