Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2002 3:07:34 PM EDT
i have a bushy 16 with an eotech mounted on the arms mount forward of the carry handle. I can not co witness the iron sites as the eotech is slightly to tall. I bought the arms mount for that reason.

Any suggestions? Is there a better mount for the eoech?
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
From what pics I have seen of it, the Cav Arms gooseneck mount appears to ride the sight a little bit lower than the #39; hell, give 'em a look-see. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 2:48:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I have ordered a model 552 and an eotech gooseneck mount (mount was $100.00) which should be delivered this week.  I was told they make two mounts, one adjustable for A1 & A2 handles.  The non-adjustable works on A2 handles, according to eotech, and is what I purchased.  I'm hoping it works as it was designed for this particular sight.  There was a thread on this subject (ARMS #39 & eotech) last week.  I've not seen any feedback on the eotech mount.
Good Luck!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 6:24:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Damnit.....I had completely forgotten that Eotech has a dedicated carry handle mount...oops.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Had same problem with same setup and posted same question a few months back.  Answer = Bennie Cooley BC-CAM adjustable cantilever gooseneck mount, about same price as ARMS #39A2PLUS.  The height over the forearm is adjustable using an allen wrench, allowing co-witness using any setup.  Got mine from CMMG.  Here is the manufacturer's link:

http://www.benniecooley.com/bc_cam_directions.htm

Shoot straight and enjoy!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#5]
glocksinmysock:

So do you suppose this mount would allow me to mount an optic in the "scout" position over M4 handguards? I'm told the #39 doesn't quite clear them, so the ability to raise the platform a bit should solve the problem. Does the adjustment lock down? How secure is it?

Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top