Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2002 3:07:34 PM EDT
i have a bushy 16 with an eotech mounted on the arms mount forward of the carry handle. I can not co witness the iron sites as the eotech is slightly to tall. I bought the arms mount for that reason.

Any suggestions? Is there a better mount for the eoech?
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 5:04:29 PM EDT
From what pics I have seen of it, the Cav Arms gooseneck mount appears to ride the sight a little bit lower than the #39; hell, give 'em a look-see. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 2:48:38 AM EDT
I have ordered a model 552 and an eotech gooseneck mount (mount was $100.00) which should be delivered this week. I was told they make two mounts, one adjustable for A1 & A2 handles. The non-adjustable works on A2 handles, according to eotech, and is what I purchased. I'm hoping it works as it was designed for this particular sight. There was a thread on this subject (ARMS #39 & eotech) last week. I've not seen any feedback on the eotech mount.
Good Luck!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 6:24:44 AM EDT
Damnit.....I had completely forgotten that Eotech has a dedicated carry handle mount...oops.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 4:55:31 PM EDT
Had same problem with same setup and posted same question a few months back. Answer = Bennie Cooley BC-CAM adjustable cantilever gooseneck mount, about same price as ARMS #39A2PLUS. The height over the forearm is adjustable using an allen wrench, allowing co-witness using any setup. Got mine from CMMG. Here is the manufacturer's link:

http://www.benniecooley.com/bc_cam_directions.htm

Shoot straight and enjoy!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:17:24 PM EDT
glocksinmysock:

So do you suppose this mount would allow me to mount an optic in the "scout" position over M4 handguards? I'm told the #39 doesn't quite clear them, so the ability to raise the platform a bit should solve the problem. Does the adjustment lock down? How secure is it?

Thanks.
Top Top