Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2002 4:39:44 PM EDT
Ok i didn't do my homework before jumping off on a flat top. now what am i gonna do?
thought i'de put a pro-point on it, front sight screws up picture... as far as I can tell, a decient set of high mount rings would work...
I have a new Leupold 3x9x40 that could be used. This rifle will be used for targets and varmits (20" 1:9hb)
Please, advise/suggest TIA glenn.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't worry about screwing up your sight picture.
One of my rifles has a removable front sight and I leave it on whether I'm using an Aimpoint or a scope.
People that DO there homework buy lots of flattops.
The front sight will just be a ghost image and wont hurt a thing.
I have come to the opinion that unless this is a pure target rifle you should have a solid non-removable front sight for reliability.
Think about it all those M4s and other rifles have front sights and the GIs aren't complaining about there front sights blurring the sight picture.
I Have used just about any type of optical sight there is and none has bothered me looking through the front sight.
The ARM's rings do work well with a light scope such as your Leupold.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top