Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:53:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They’re perfect. I found that 15 loaded magazines is a good weight limit for something to still be easily manageable. That’s 450 rounds, and I can still toss a couple of the bags around pretty easily. Those Midway bags were a total score.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146/IMG_7462-2801842.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I STILL like the padded Midway magazine cases. Fifteen or so 30rnd magazines, padded, and with a strap for shoulder carry.

Midway padded magazine case

They’re perfect. I found that 15 loaded magazines is a good weight limit for something to still be easily manageable. That’s 450 rounds, and I can still toss a couple of the bags around pretty easily. Those Midway bags were a total score.

Too bad they are only available in black now instead of all the colors.  The new cases look to be slightly larger or less padded.

I have always liked all the different Midway magazine cases they offered but they are all only available in black now.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 1:11:22 AM EDT
[#3]
@TREETOP would you happen to know where those bags are being made?
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 1:13:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 1:19:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 1:20:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The tag inside just says Made in China, I don’t know where in China or what factory or anything if that’s what you mean.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. Definitely a deal killer with me unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good luck finding an American made one like the Midway for under $45.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah there was another thread where we bought all the clearance FDE and ODG ones. The black ones have a max purchase quantity of 3, so they might be running low on them too now. I figured they were going to come out with an upgraded replacement of some sort, and that’s why the colored ones were on sale, maybe that will happen. I kinda wish I’d bought more than 20 now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too bad they are only available in black now instead of all the colors.  The new cases look to be slightly larger or less padded.

I have always liked all the different Midway magazine cases they offered but they are all only available in black now.  

Yeah there was another thread where we bought all the clearance FDE and ODG ones. The black ones have a max purchase quantity of 3, so they might be running low on them too now. I figured they were going to come out with an upgraded replacement of some sort, and that’s why the colored ones were on sale, maybe that will happen. I kinda wish I’d bought more than 20 now.

Bummer that I missed out on the clearance of the colors.  I would have definitely bought many.  

Hopefully they come out with a new version in multiple colors.  I have 7-8 different types of their pistol cases, magazine cases/ holders and range bags.  All are made quite well and have good functionality for a very reasonable price.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He posted over a year ago that he knew they were made in China, it wasn’t a sincere question. He’s just signaling virtue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

He posted over a year ago that he knew they were made in China, it wasn’t a sincere question. He’s just signaling virtue.

I unsubscribed from everything, so I cannot keep track of everything so yes, it was genuinely sincere. I am sorry you assumed that it's virtue signaling. If I was, you'd know it because I would have said something more in depth.

Some people are genuine when asking questions, there's no fault for asking even twice by mistake/accident.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck finding an American made one like the Midway for under $45.

I ordered an esstac magazine bag, six pack version.

For some it isn't about doing it as cheaply as possible, so no "luck" necessary. Based on the dimensions I can either store three of the six packs or two of the ten packs in my tallboy MTM crate. I'll gladly pay for what I exactly want and not based on how cheap I can get something. So in this case, function>cost/where it's made>form.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Mti ammo cans
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#12]
For long term storage I used milk crates or ammo cans for the longest time. Costco recently had these on sale for $8 per pack of 4:

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/iris-buckle-up-storage-box%2c-12.9-quart%2c-clear%2c-4-ct.product.100374385.html

Lightweight, stackable, cheap and made in the USA. I tossed all my NIW mags in them and stacked off to the side of my gear room. 25 PMAGs in wrappers will fit just fine per bin. Not sure on USGi type mags, all of mine are stored in grab and go bandoleers.

Now I’ve freed up a bunch of ammo cans that I can fill with ammo.

Link Posted: 5/1/2023 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I unsubscribed from everything, so I cannot keep track of everything so yes, it was genuinely sincere. I am sorry you assumed that it's virtue signaling. If I was, you'd know it because I would have said something more in depth.

Some people are genuine when asking questions, there's no fault for asking even twice by mistake/accident.

I ordered an esstac magazine bag, six pack version.

For some it isn't about doing it as cheaply as possible, so no "luck" necessary. Based on the dimensions I can either store three of the six packs or two of the ten packs in my tallboy MTM crate. I'll gladly pay for what I exactly want and not based on how cheap I can get something. So in this case, function>cost/where it's made>form.
View Quote

Esstac makes some nice stuff.  I have a lot of their placards and belt magazine holders. Their magazine bags are nice.  The Midway magazine bags are also quite nice.  If I were trying for as cheap as possible, I would store my magazines in Ziploc bags inside those $1.99 grocery reusable carry bags.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Esstac makes some nice stuff.  I have a lot of their placards and belt magazine holders. Their magazine bags are nice.  The Midway magazine bags are also quite nice.  If I were trying for as cheap as possible, I would store my magazines in Ziploc bags inside those $1.99 grocery reusable carry bags.
View Quote

I know, I've done quite a bit of business with esstac and will continue to do so.

I'm not out to to do it as cheaply as possible though and it's not a good system with a bag and baggies that cannot withstand much without tearing. My system is my own and perfect for my needs, clean, and neat. Plus I know where my dollars went and that also matters to a point.

Now if I could find something like the above to hold my G42 magazines and not made in China, that would be great. If not, well I have some Magpul Daka options for the interim.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can see this as a bug out bag for a vehicle or hunting trip but for any long term storage they dont offer much protection from air or moisture or heavy handling to protect the mags. . And they have to be pretty heavy when loaded will that material hold up to rain , cold and handling ?  

Link Posted: 5/18/2023 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I stated that the weight was fine, but if it’s too much for you these do come with dividers so you can put 5-7 mags in the bottom and then separate where your lunchables and capri sun go in the top. And maybe it rains in your house or in the trunk of your car, but not so much in mine.
I’ve got mags that have been in cardboard boxes in the garage for 30 years and are in the same condition as when I tucked them away, I think these will be juuuuust fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can see this as a bug out bag for a vehicle or hunting trip but for any long term storage they dont offer much protection from air or moisture or heavy handling to protect the mags. . And they have to be pretty heavy when loaded will that material hold up to rain , cold and handling ?  

I stated that the weight was fine, but if it’s too much for you these do come with dividers so you can put 5-7 mags in the bottom and then separate where your lunchables and capri sun go in the top. And maybe it rains in your house or in the trunk of your car, but not so much in mine.
I’ve got mags that have been in cardboard boxes in the garage for 30 years and are in the same condition as when I tucked them away, I think these will be juuuuust fine.

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 1:05:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Capri Sun drinks are way underrated!  When my son was young and I would take him to Bday parties, I would destroy the Capri Sun drinks.  Little kids would be sad they had to drink water midway through the outing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it was a legitimate question especially since your showing loaded mags and i assume the rest of the cases are loaded ?   My preferred method of ammo and loaded mag storage is  GI ammo cans .
And yes sometimes it gets so humid here in Michigan it feels like it rained in the house !
I have two cans of GI 45 ACP ammo one case head dated 1962 and one dated 1952 . Below is a pic of the 1962 , the year i was born. Still looks new and shoots great. NOT made in China !

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I weighed one of the pouches, with 14 loaded maqs it weighs 14.2 pounds. It's nowhere near an excessive amount of weight, and there doesn't seem to be any strain on the sewn-in handle while carrying. I can carry 2 per side without a problem, it just feels like grocery day. One pouch alone, hey- 14.2 pounds. It's not heavy. There's even an included shoulder strap. I can't really understand weight as a factor if you're seriously comparing a padded cloth bag to a steel ammunition can, but whatever.
You and one other guy in this thread (In the AR15 Magazines tech forum), seem fixated both on handgun ammunition and on country of manufacture. Maybe there's a better place on the forum for those arguments. This thread is about how we store our AR Magazines, and evidently my contribution wasn't to your liking. Too bad, so sad.
View Quote

Whoa, calm down there bud. I had harmless questions about origins and had forgotten about already posting in this thread as it's a bit old and was necro bumped. And by giving an example of how I like to have neat options by showing an example that doing it the cheapest way possible isn't for me, is not even close to what you're accusing me of so that's out the window too. Plus I use those same containers to store mY aR mAgS too, in Esstac magazine bags. Super easy to use, identify what the magazine's loaded contents are, and very minimal in space usage that allows me to pluch and grab without having to go through my magazines to see what's inside of them.

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You seem a little sensitive.
View Quote

Not at all but you did make it a point to point me out questioning who is being the sensitive one here.

At any rate, have a good weekend.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks like Midway is going to start offering their 12 magazine case/ bag in colors again.  They have the colors listed but are currently out of stock.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top