Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow. Someone did some really intricate work to fab up that handguard.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By naes:
Seems like the color release party is over.

I still want some yellow mags.
View Quote

i was the only one bullying them on IG to release more colors. if i can get more help i think we can bully them into making yellows.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 50cal:
Wow. Someone did some really intricate work to fab up that handguard.
View Quote

It's from these people. Pretty solid, but unless you want "gun goddess" written on your handguard, it may not be for you
https://www.gungoddess.com/products/ar-15-patterned-handguards
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Mesooohoppy:

i was the only one bullying them on IG to release more colors. if i can get more help i think we can bully them into making yellows.
View Quote

I have officially started asking them for yellow in their IG comments. ya'll dont leave me hanging!
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#5]

I have officially started asking them for yellow in their IG comments. ya'll dont leave me hanging!
View Quote

I'll start saving Chiquita stickers
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:12:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

View Quote

they did respond 'maybe' so its a possibility!
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Great idea..!!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:08:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Any new colors coming out?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

nothing yet. i suspect we are just about at the end of the translucent color rainbow (without getting into different color shades). they posted a sale link on their IG yesterday and i asked about yellow mags on that post (no response).

maybe they could also do a translucent coyote brown? we need to keep hounding them. someone come join me!
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Still hoping for yellow mags, despite the facts that I have a few hundred more mags than I will ever use in my lifetime.  

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bravo_Six:
Still hoping for yellow mags, despite the facts that I have a few hundred more mags than I will ever use in my lifetime.  

View Quote

I've learned it's best not to count. Rule #1 - hope your latest order of mags, ammo, etc shows up while your ol' lady  is at work. Rule #2 - don't count your mags or ammo. It's never enough anyway
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#12]

nothing yet. i suspect we are just about at the end of the translucent color rainbow (without getting into different color shades). they posted a sale link on their IG yesterday and i asked about yellow mags on that post (no response).

maybe they could also do a translucent coyote brown? we need to keep hounding them. someone come join me!
View All Quotes

I'm there, I like to hound
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#13]
few things:

-i had no idea lancer made opaque 300blk mags. i hadnt seen them until their post today. so i guess ill add that to shit i need to order

-they did confirm on the new post that new mag colors are coming. so they are listening to us. ill still probably keep badgering them anyways.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#14]
few things:

-i had no idea lancer made opaque 300blk mags. i hadnt seen them until their post today. so i guess ill add that to shit i need to order

-they did confirm on the new post that new mag colors are coming. so they are listening to us. ill still probably keep badgering them anyways.
View Quote

I saw that also. Good deal spend more money 💰 🤪
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#15]
How about dyeable sand colored lancers.....???
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:51:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Hking:
How about dyeable sand colored lancers.....???
View Quote

Clear Lancers can be dyed. I just got 5 to experiment with.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a couple someone did. I think they were out of vegas? but they had like 30 colors you could choose from
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Is that site legit?
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 2:44:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#20]
Just saw this posted to Facebook.

AWM’s for $12.

Testing my morals and might give in.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 6:12:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Just saw this posted to Facebook.

AWM’s for $12.

Testing my morals and might give in.
View Quote

Ehh... I dont agree with their recent price hike, but I expect that when they stop having buyers it will be a lesson hard learned and things will come back down to a more reasonable level. I already own enough larue stuff that if I didn't live in the communist state of New California (colorado) I'd buy them at that price. Unfortunately nobody will ship me mags, so there's that. Really though, it's not a larue product and how much profit can he be making? Even if the goal is fuck Mark, you're not giving him much.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 6:19:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By sunnybean:

Is that site legit?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sunnybean:

Is that site legit?

Has been 100% , IME.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Clear Lancers can be dyed. I just got 5 to experiment with.
View Quote

If I recall correctly, you need to use the Rit Dye for synthetics, instead of the standard dye that works on PMAGs and plastic rifle furniture. I did three clear ones a year or two ago. It worked fine, but it definitely seemed to take longer than other parts I’ve dyed in the past. My first attempt with blue turned out a lot lighter in color than I was expecting after 10 minutes or so in the hot water. I’d have to experiment a bit more to figure out the best combination of dye and soaking time.

It seems like other polymers are more forgiving, whereas with Lancers, if I wanted several mags that all matched, I’d want to dye them all together for the same amount of time. I’m not confident that I could repeat the process and get the same color.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Stowe:

Ehh... I dont agree with their recent price hike, but I expect that when they stop having buyers it will be a lesson hard learned and things will come back down to a more reasonable level. I already own enough larue stuff that if I didn't live in the communist state of New California (colorado) I'd buy them at that price. Unfortunately nobody will ship me mags, so there's that. Really though, it's not a larue product and how much profit can he be making? Even if the goal is fuck Mark, you're not giving him much.
View Quote

Yeah don’t want to fuck him over, just not a fan. Ordered some anyway. It looks like he’s going through a tough time and I didn’t have any opaque FDE mags so I ordered a bunch. For the same cost as an M2 PMAG I can’t pass it up.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Yeah don’t want to fuck him over, just not a fan. Ordered some anyway. It looks like he’s going through a tough time and I didn’t have any opaque FDE mags so I ordered a bunch. For the same cost as an M2 PMAG I can’t pass it up.
View Quote

I used to be a PMAG fan. I still like them and have a pile. I've grown to prefer lancers though. No good reason for it. The plastic on PMAGs actually feels much stronger. For some reason smoke lancers are my new thing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 1:49:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mesooohoppy] [#26]
NEW COLOR:

the newest color will be gold. its appears its not translucent. check their IG.

i wonder if theyre gonna start moving to solid colors since they've pretty much hit every color on the translucent color wheel.

EDIT:
christ, they said they wont likely be dropping until early 2024.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#27]
NEW COLOR:

the newest color will be gold. its appears its not translucent. check their IG.

i wonder if theyre gonna start moving to solid colors since they've pretty much hit every color on the translucent color wheel.

EDIT:
christ, they said they wont likely be dropping until early 2024.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Ehh... I have no inner gangster, so I'm going with no.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 3:15:00 AM EDT
[#29]

Ehh... I have no inner gangster, so I'm going with no.
View Quote

Yeah, that isn’t it for me either. Options are good though I guess, even if I’m not interested.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Cant believe I just dropped 125 to get a magazine to hang on the wall
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll get 2 of the Goldrush when they go on sale. I have a few of each color. Will add 2 of those.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#32]
I love the translucent Lancer mags. I don’t believe I own one of the solid color mags. Just don’t like them. I own multiples of almost all the translucent ones. I’ll pass on this one.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I can understand buying it if collecting lancers is your thing. Honestly I don't much care for most of their color options, but I do like their translucent mags. I have some fde and a couple of those Robin's egg ones (just for the hell of it). I have a bunch of the smoked ones and they get more use than my magpul ones do. I've bought some red and the toxic waste ones for my kid. Purple and Robin's egg for my girlfriend. It's cool... It's just to flashy for me. I could see buying them just to collect though.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#34]
They really should have done translucent yellow before the bling mags.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#35]
According to Lancer's website, their translucent smoke mag has been assigned NSN 1005-01-657-7839. Didn't know they had a mag in the military supply system.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By pb57:
According to Lancer's website, their translucent smoke mag has been assigned NSN 1005-01-657-7839. Didn't know they had a mag in the military supply system.
View Quote

The contractor gate guards had smoke Lancers when I was at Camp Arifjan.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Bravo_Six:
They really should have done translucent yellow before the bling mags.
View Quote

yes, i even suggested this to them on IG. i think one or two other people also did.

even though i have all of the colors, the $100 dollar buy in to get a free $16 gold mag wasnt enough for me. i can wait (even if its till next year).
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By pb57:
View Quote

That was assigned all the way back in 2016 too. It was assigned after the military’s official testing. Magpul got the contract but Lancer got the okay. Magpul claimed in multiple places the Lancer came in last place. This wasn’t true at all.

Scroll down for more info.

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#39]
In civilian applications at least (which is probably most of us), the L5 AWM seems to be generally as well regarded as the PMag.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:20:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: magwizard] [#40]
So they aren't sparkly gold. I tried to get a decent photo to show the color as best as possible.
" />
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By magwizard:
So they aren't sparkly gold. I tried to get a decent photo to show the color as best as possible.
https://i.ibb.co/fFs0sjK/20230716-222755.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.ibb.co/fFs0sjK/20230716-222755.jpg
View Quote

I gotta say, as the owner of a gold painted AKM and a lover of gay colored AR mags, those gold Lancers just don't do it for me.  Just my opinion and all.  

I would not be surprised if they are valuable in 15 years, though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 10:09:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Botach ( I know, I know) has L5awm’s on sale. Many are under $10. I bought 10 this morning and they are already shipped. I am surprised.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 4:15:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LineHaul] [#43]
Botach has been my go to for Lancers for about a year now.  They regularly have sales at around $10-$12 each.
Believe it or not out of several orders placed i have had no problems at all and they have all shipped within 24hrs

Eta just ordered 10x purple 30rd and 10x clear 20rd
$229.41 after tax and shipping
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#44]
WTF on the gold
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 5:02:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#45]
All translucent Lancer magazines on sale at Botach for $9.99.
https://botach.com/brands/Lancer.html
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:
All translucent Lancer magazines on sale at Botach for $9.99.
https://botach.com/brands/Lancer.html
View Quote

I ordered a bunch of ODG 5.56 and TDE 308 mags. Got my first shipment in today with a bigger one coming next week. Their 308 mags are slicker than snot.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#47]

I ordered a bunch of ODG 5.56 and TDE 308 mags. Got my first shipment in today with a bigger one coming next week. Their 308 mags are slicker than snot.
View Quote

I just got some of the translucent OD. I dont know that they actually qualify as "drab" of any sort, but more mags = more mags. Drab or not.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 1:34:01 AM EDT
[#48]

I just got some of the translucent OD. I dont know that they actually qualify as "drab" of any sort, but more mags = more mags. Drab or not.
View Quote

Yeah they look more forest green than anything, but with the way most ODG anodizing is it’ll fit right in. Seems it’s either neon green or forest green with no in between.

I also just found out MCT PMAG’s actually dye ODG easier than sand so I’m just collecting really.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 2:32:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Shit, this thread cost me a couple hundred bucks
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 5:09:13 AM EDT
[#50]

Yeah they look more forest green than anything, but with the way most ODG anodizing is it’ll fit right in. Seems it’s either neon green or forest green with no in between.

I also just found out MCT PMAG’s actually dye ODG easier than sand so I’m just collecting really.
View Quote

I've got 7 or 8 of the old OD PMAGS. They need to bring those back. I'd buy a stack.
Page / 9
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top