Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:29:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Green_Label:

I thought once Lancer retired a color it wouldn't come back?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Green_Label:

I thought once Lancer retired a color it wouldn't come back?

That’s what the descriptions on CF read:
Back in January, we were able to offer a special production batch of Lancer AR15-M16 mags in a limited run Alien Green color. The magazines quickly became the talk of the industry and we soon sold through the entire run after which we retired the color, making those who now own those mags members of a very exclusive group.

Open to interpretation perhaps?  Maybe the ‘we’ means CF and not Lancer?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Got a flyer from AIM tonight advertising orange, red, and purple Lancer mags
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#3]
We're the Alien Green mags a co-operation between Lancer and Classic?  By that wording in the above post, it would seem to be so.

I ended up with 4.  
Was looking through my mag stash a few days ago and found 2 Lancers in a really odd very dark red/almost deep maroon. Forgot I had them. Don't know what the color is called.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 346ci:
According to Lancer, the green will be the same alien green, may be a different part number though.

All the new colors should be out by fall of this year.
View Quote

And suddenly with this statement every neck beard mag “investor” sheds a single, sad, tear.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 5:25:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#5]
Originally Posted By Me:
I know this is totally nitpicking, but I'd like to see Lancer do some more colors for their regular line, with matching baseplates, vs. these colors they seem to do for dealers that come with black baseplates. Silly, I know, but I like the look of the FDE, robin's egg blue, purple, and red mags that were/are part of the regular Lancer line and come with matching baseplates (although red first appeared with black ones).
View Quote

It looks like Lancer has gone back to black baseplates on the translucent red mags. They started off with black but then switched to red, which I thought looked better. Confirmed with both Botach and AIM Surplus that the current production version has a black baseplate.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I'm guessing they must be standardizing on using black baseplates, which I think it a bummer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I just bought a few and they have black baseplates.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 1:54:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#7]
Botach has the Alien Green (Super Green) Lancers back in stock. $79.99 $89.99 for a pack of six:
https://botach.com/lancer-l5awm-5-56mm-30rd-translucent-magazines-6-pack/

HOWEVER, I posted this to give you guys a heads up that the color is becoming available again.  I ask that you give those of us in WA a head start to place orders so we can have ours in hand before the cut off.

EDIT:  I got a shipping notification with tracking in less than an hour.   That’s the fastest I’ve ever seen from them.  They must know what’s at stake.

EDIT2:  Price raised to $89.99 for six
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:
Botach has the Alien Green (Super Green) Lancers back in stock. $79.99 $89.99 for a pack of six:

HOWEVER, I posted this to give you guys a heads up that the color is becoming available again.  I ask that you give those of us in WA a head start to place orders so we can have ours in hand before the cut off.

EDIT:  I got a shipping notification with tracking in less than an hour.   That’s the fastest I’ve ever seen from them.  They must know what’s at stake.

EDIT2:  Price raised to $89.99
View Quote

Thanks. Had to order some. I’m a sucker for their oddball colors.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Media_Noche:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Media_Noche:
Originally Posted By FishKepr:

EDIT2:  Price raised to $89.99

Ditto. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks. In for some green too!
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Alien green at Lanbos

I ordered from Botach Saturday though, got a tracking number today.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 11:03:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#12]
Paid holiday for us today so…
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 1:28:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mesooohoppy] [#13]
Those flippers on gunbroker are going to be angry now that these are available again.

I saw one go for 150 bones a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Been wanting the green ones ever since I seen them....ordered 6!!!
Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, dang.  I drunkenly ordered one for $50 shipped off the EE recently.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:30:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThatGuyTheCooler] [#16]
After getting a shipping notice a week ago, botch cancelled my order. They ran out. Now lambo also sold out of alien green.

If anyone sees these pop back in stock, please post up!
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ThatGuyTheCooler:
After getting a shipping notice a week ago, botch cancelled my order. They ran out. Now lambo also sold out of alien green.

View Quote

When did you order?  I ordered the 18th and my tracking number showed movement after like 3 business days. Sucks yours got cancelled. If “botch” was unintentional that’s hilarious. Still spot on either way lol.

First time I ever ordered from botach after reading horror stories for years. Hopefully I receive what I ordered.

If I would have ordered from lanbos when I posted that link they’d already be here.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bkpkr:

When did you order?  I ordered the 18th and my tracking number showed movement after like 3 business days. Sucks yours got cancelled. If “botch” was unintentional that’s hilarious. Still spot on either way lol.

First time I ever ordered from botach after reading horror stories for years. Hopefully I receive what I ordered.

If I would have ordered from lanbos when I posted that link they’d already be here.
View All Quotes

Also on the 18th. My tracking nunber never moved after "label created". Hope you get yours. Maybe another retailer will get them back in stock
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By bnz42:
Alien Green in stock at AIM Surplus right now.  $19.99
https://aimsurplus.com/products/lancer-systems-l5-awm-30rd-223556-magazine-alien-green?mc_cid=0583f4643b&mc_eid=a90fbf7d85
View Quote

Awesome! Thanks!!! Order placed
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Also on the 18th. My tracking nunber never moved after "label created". Hope you get yours. Maybe another retailer will get them back in stock
View Quote

I ordered on the 18th as well and, like the guy above, my label was created but there was no movement for like three days. My order eventually shipped and I should have my 12 mags on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Mesooohoppy:
Those flippers on gunbroker are going to be angry now that these are available again.

I saw one go for 150 bones a few weeks ago.
View Quote

The super greens ending with part number 73 should keep their value. The alien greens just released with part number ending in 74 may go up in the future.

Anyone have both to compare the shades of green?
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn...too late to the party to score any from AIM.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:34:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheSelecter] [#25]
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 1:27:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TheSelecter:
Are they all gone already?

Eta nope!

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/lancer-l5-ar-15-223-5-56-30-round-advanced-warfighter-magazine.html
View Quote

Thanks. I was late to the party but just scored a few.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 3:02:59 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Fucks at Botach cancelled my order because they refuse to ship to my state, even though the mags are legal here.  Ordered from someplace else and it says they shipped.  We'll see if they arrive.  Fuck Botach.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Back in stock again at Lanbos.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks Selecter for the link!
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I may have been Botach’d as well. 😂
This was my first order with them and I was well aware of the possibility’s. Got a tracking number from them via UPS. No movement there for a week other than on the way. Now it redirects to a USPS tracking number with waiting for acceptance. I may get them but it’s not worth missing out on these. Just ordered more from Lanbo’s. My sons really want the green mags.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Lc17smp:
I may have been Botach’d as well. 😂
This was my first order with them and I was well aware of the possibility’s. Got a tracking number from them via UPS. No movement there for a week other than on the way. Now it redirects to a USPS tracking number with waiting for acceptance. I may get them but it’s not worth missing out on these. Just ordered more from Lanbo’s. My sons really want the green mags.
View Quote

You should receive your Botach order. They ship via UPS SurePost where USPS completes the delivery.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#32]
^ I’m hoping so but the tracking info never looks like this. I usually have 3 - 5 packages a week delivered and many use the surepost option. Could just be the carriers not updating the tracking info.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 7:58:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Strela] [#33]
Alien green at Lanbos

I ordered from Botach Saturday though, got a tracking number today.
View Quote

Thanks! I thought I was SOL and would have refused to pay scalper's prices. Ordered two from Lanbo's.

And GunMag.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Local LGS has orange and green.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 1:27:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By FightingMajor:
Any of you use your special Lancers? I bought some purples a while back and they just sit in the bags, unused. I guess you can still get those, however.

Orange mags are cool. Maybe they count towards your blaze orange during hunting season.
View Quote

I have four reds that I keep loaded with Gold Dots. Easy ID.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 3:34:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FullAssault] [#36]
I have the red, purple & orange but Im keep missing the green & blue one.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:33:12 AM EDT
[#37]
The green makes the rifle look a water gun.
Dont need more mags, but that looks kind of cool, ordered.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 3:13:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#38]

The super greens ending with part number 73 should keep their value. The alien greens just released with part number ending in 74 may go up in the future.

View Quote

They are identical.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

‘Super Green’ on right in both pictures. (Top due to ARFCOM rotation.)
Any difference here is from lighting or shading.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Any issues running 300BO through Lancer 556 mags?  I’d rather have multi use mags if possible
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:59:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTex] [#40]
I only use 300blk supers and they load fine in standard Lancer mags.  I think the heavy ones work better in dedicated 300 mags from what I hear
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Just ordered a few of the Alien green from Lanbo's
the orange didn't do anything for me but I will probably go back and order some of them too this afternoon
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Krink:
Just ordered a few of the Alien green from Lanbo's
the orange didn't do anything for me but I will probably go back and order some of them too this afternoon
View Quote

I got a couple orange just for the hell of it. I like em better in person than I thought I would.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Botach order came.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 2:46:39 AM EDT
[#44]
My Botach order finally made it. Ordered June 18th and arrived on the 29th. I actually panic bought 10’from Lanbo’s thinking my Botach order was going to get cancelled. Gonna end up with 22 of these things…😬
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

The color is the exact same (compared this morning myself and the pic above me also confirms it). The only difference i could tell is the single digit number on the floor plate. I honestly don't see the OG trans super green one being worth any more money when the alien green one is literally the same color and seems like its not a limited run like the first green mag.

I'm assuming lancer had some sort of massive push from the public to release the green color again. The verbiage on classic firearms site basically said it was a one time deal. On one hand I think its cool that lancer re-released this color. But on the other hand I just paid 200 ish bucks for a robins egg blue mag on GB, so I'm going to be SUPER salty if I see that mag pop up online again for 19 bones a pop.

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By dunndw:
Any issues running 300BO through Lancer 556 mags?  I’d rather have multi use mags if possible
View Quote

Supers no issue. You could probably even get away with subs.

If you shoot a lot of subsonic 300blk, just buy their dedicated 300blk mags. They get rid of the "rib" in the front (magpul does the same thing) so it doesn't come in contact with the heavy 190/200+ grain projectile.

That reason alone and the easy ID (against magpul mags) are the reason why I only run these mags in my 300blk gun. The magpul 300blk specific magazines look too similar to their 556 mags for my liking.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 1:54:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mesooohoppy] [#47]
My roommate suggested I put these in a lit shadow box, since all I ever do is look at them.

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#48]
My roommate suggested I put these in a lit shadow box, since all I ever do is look at them.

https://i.ibb.co/zrBG8qT/20220705-115202.jpg
View Quote

I should do that with all the flavors of PMAG's that I have!
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 1:07:01 AM EDT
[#49]

https://i.ibb.co/zrBG8qT/20220705-115202.jpg
View Quote

Username checks out
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Almost got botached...they sent me a cancelation email. Then I seen another email, stating my mags will be delivered yesterday.
Got my 6 green mags.
Page / 9
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top