Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Lancers....
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 2:00:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Only have experience with Pmags, but reading this thread made me order a 6 pack of Lancers from Botach.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Mostly G3 Pmags. But I have a few G2 Pmags. I have a few cheap Gen 1 MFT mags for the range as well as 4 Troy Battle Mags (Those were a gift). They both flex and feel like junk. However, neither has spit out ammo or had a failure. When I was a cop, my department switched from GI mags to the Battle Mags because Magpul wouldn't ship to NY after the Safe Act was passed.

Oh and I forgot I have a Pre-ban Theramold that someone gave me that has also been running fine at the range.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I use only Pmags, lancers, and USGI mags. But I do have one Gen 1 hex mag and one ETS mag with the tritium follower.

The hex mag and ETS mag both work, but they are strictly for range use only. I really only trust Pmags, Lancers, and USGI (Okay, Center, D&H, Brownells, and Duramag).
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Lancer and gen3 pmags here (and a bunch of Okays)

I've tried a lot of the other brands. Hexmag gen1 all worked, but mine have a very low round count, so can't comment on longevity.

MFT worked. Only had one, it cycled fine, but felt like it would break easily. I gave it to a friend who only shoots twice a year. It should last him a long time.

I bought a german made 30 rounder a while back. Can't remember the brand (not Hera) It wouldn't feed for shit.

Also, some rifles don't like certain mags. My Colt upper on a Spikes lower hates Okay straight 20s, but my other frankenguns love them.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 2:19:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  Also, some rifles don't like certain mags. My Colt upper on a Spikes lower hates Okay straight 20s, but my other frankenguns love them.
View Quote

Is it undergassed?  I had a terribly undergassed rifle, and had noticeably more malfunctions w/ Magpul straight 20s than a curved 30.  Finally fixed the issue by pulling all the weights out of the buffer & dropping in a lightweight carrier.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I forgot another mag hidden. I have an MSAR 40 round translucent mag as well. I Have had it loaded for about 2 years. It hasn't spit round out. I see no bulging or separation of the feed lips. It doesn't flex at all. I am wondering if it would shatter when dropped. I have not used it yet. I got it cheap at a gun show ($10) for a range mag.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I forgot another mag hidden. I have an MSAR 40 round translucent mag as well. I Have had it loaded for about 2 years. It hasn't spit round out. I see no bulging or separation of the feed lips. It doesn't flex at all. I am wondering if it would shatter when dropped. I have not used it yet. I got it cheap at a gun show ($10) for a range mag.
View Quote

I've got one of their 30's, and it's truly crap - and I run ProMags for fun.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like mine, see page #1 - post #24.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Magpul Pmags here (both Gen 2 and Gen 3) and a lot of USGI aluminum mags with orange, green or gray followers from various companies.  All work very well.  

I also have a few old Israeli Orlites and Thermolds, and one Eagle with the dual roller springs.  I haven’t used them in a while but they all worked the last time I used them.  I had to shave the ribs on the Orlites to get them to fit in my mag well.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top