Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Correct.
View Quote

I just remembered that Larry made a comment on here way back about Center Industries mags being made by blind people, and someone took offense to it.

He mentioned something about Center mags having tactile features to help disabled workers during production.

I have to say that my Okay mags are works of art compared to the Cproducts and Center mags I've seen, although Brownells aren't bad either.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm glad for c products 7.62x39 mags, for that I hope they never go out of business.
I'll never buy their 5.56 mags though when there are so many options. I got some back when they were just c products, not c products defense, they were shit. Tight in the mag well. Old Larry said it was "tolerance stacking".
A while back a place was selling mags they described as various OEM mags that they take out of the box when sending guns to ban states. I ordered ten 30s and got NHMTGs, so I rolled the dice and ordered 10 or 20 20s, got F'ing c products! The fuckers jammed like crazy. Like lock the bolt back with live round floating loose in the upper, 3 rounds fly out and jamm up the gun, etc. GARBAGE!
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just received four CProducts Duramags in Stainless Steel. Two for my 5.56mm AR and two for my 224 Valkyrie AR. The Valkyrie mags are flat black with a grey follower. They are very well constructed and finished. Marked CPD 6.8SPC on the left side of the 20-round mag. Hornady 88grain ELD Match rounds fit perfectly, with room for longer rounds. Each round stays in place when loaded to the 20 round max. Nice spring tension.
The 20-round 5.56mm mags are also black and stamped SS on the left side. These have an Orange follower stamped 5.56 on the lowered edge of the follower. Same fit and function as the 6.8SPC mags. I bought them from SGAmmo, where I purchase most of my cases of ammo when I decide not to reload and just shoot factory. SGAmmo has always sold quality, and these appear to be quality. They cost $18.95 each for 6.8SPC & $11.95 each for 5.56mm. I had read the background on CP before I ordered these, but decided to take a small chance since SGAmmo was the company selling them. I will range test for several hundred rounds after I leave them fully loaded for a couple of weeks, and report back. If they are good, I'll buy more. If they suck, I'll let the Forum know, and send SGAmmo a request for a Return Authorization and see about getting some ammo in exchange for their dead bodies
Seems to be some passion related to CP, so let's see if CProductsDefense can overcome the bad rep of CP. The plastic bags that they ship in are well-done and marked Made in USA. I don't really care if they are USGI contractors, since I am not a USGI Operator, just a 224 Valkyrie shooter who needs a quality magazine that will hold my extra-long reloads with heavy bullets for caliber. I'll report back in a few weeks with pics if needed.
CYA!
View Quote
------[07102020]     First range test of the new CProducts Defense SS Duramags went well, with one exception>

The SS mags are finished in black, I assume powder-coatingAttachment Attached File
The finish looks good. The mags inserted easily and dropped free, either empty or loaded. What they did not do was hold 20 rounds of ammo. They stop at 19. The attached pics show the difference in overall length between an older C Products LLC Aluminum 20-rounder, and the newer CProducts Defense Duramag SS mag. The Front of the Aluminum mag is equal in length to the Rear of the SS mag. The SS mag is much shorter overall. The new SS mags both fed well from being full, or being depleted. No failures, other than the fact that they won't hold 20 rounds. On the plus side, they allow me to load my rounds to a greater COAL than SAAMI.
I just received some new PRI 15-round mags for my Valkyrie from CavityBackBullets, so I'll see how they compare to the CProducts Defense SS Duramags in the Valkyrie.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 3:27:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
------[07102020]     First range test of the new CProducts Defense SS Duramags went well, with one exception>

The SS mags are finished in black, I assume powder-coating
The finish looks good. The mags inserted easily and dropped free, either empty or loaded. What they did not do was hold 20 rounds of ammo. They stop at 19. The attached pics show the difference in overall length between an older C Products LLC Aluminum 20-rounder, and the newer CProducts Defense Duramag SS mag. The Front of the Aluminum mag is equal in length to the Rear of the SS mag. The SS mag is much shorter overall. The new SS mags both fed well from being full, or being depleted. No failures, other than the fact that they won't hold 20 rounds. On the plus side, they allow me to load my rounds to a greater COAL than SAAMI...
View Quote

One mag is curved so it may be better to compare the straight magazine to say a straight Okay USGI magazine. The mag only holding 19 rounds is a concern, though. Perhaps the spring needs to be broken in. Try leaving it loaded with 19 rounds for a couple of weeks, then try putting an additional round in it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a bunch of the old ones I got before the shitstorm over them. Never a problem, although I must admit I haven't run them super hard. Is there anything in particular I should watch out for?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Funny you should mention that. I planned to never own a C-Products mag based on what I'd read here and on other forums, especially during the 2013 panic when nothing seemed available except for C-Products mags. Then a few months ago, a work friend gave me a half dozen magazines that he had lying around. One of them turned out to be a C-Products mag, but I'm not sure I would have noticed it if I hadn't seen the baseplate. I was under the impression that C-Products mags were teflon coated like D&H, but this one has a dry lube finish that looks almost identical to real GI mags. Did (or do they still) produce mags like this? It has no markings on it at all, but I was wondering if maybe the baseplate got swapped with another mag body. This guy had a few older (pre-ban) mags, like Centers with no markings except for the baseplate (before they switched to the blank baseplate and marking the body instead). The green follower that it came with has the not-quite-right look of the commercial one that came in some Noveske / D&H mags I got a few years ago. The big thing that stands out to me are the welds on the front and back spine. The overlap of the two halves of the body are a little shorter than on the Okay mag in the comparison below (CPD mag to the right or on top in each photo), and a couple of the plug weld holes are not actually welded (one each, top and bottom, on both the front and back spine).

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27888/CPD_Mag_1_JPG-1420357.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27888/CPD_Mag_2_JPG-1420358.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27888/CPD_Mag_3_JPG-1420359.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27888/CPD_Mag_4_jpg-1420360.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27888/CPD_Mag_5_jpg-1420361.JPG

Either way, it's going to be a range mag, but it doesn't look like what I thought a C-Products mag looked like.
View Quote

I see C-Products magazines quite a bit around here.  Many local dealers seem to stock them, probably because they are cheaper for them to buy, and they almost always have the USGI phosphate style finish.  I know they are C-P because when I see the finish I reach for them to see if they happen to be Okays or Colts.  I have seen older ones in the used bins and they have a shinier, almost blued look to them.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top