Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 21
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:15:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone else have other issues with the E2 since?

I was running one of those new (and free) E2s that Nick gave me a but back and the follower was binding up.

Emailed Nick about it and funny enough, an email bounced back saying Nick no longer works with Okay.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:50:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I've noticed the E2s have come back into availability again after everyone being OOS for months. I was tempted to pick up a few more, but decided against it considering all of the intrigue that has been swirling around about them. They are not especially cheap, and I've just heard too many negative things about them from too many people. I'll just stick to regular Okays, Lancers, PMags, and the steel ones. There's no real reason to have E2s except for the curiosity factor.

That's something about Nick. We don't know why he's not there anymore, of course, but it makes you wonder if it has something to do with the whole E2 mess. That whole thing was hinky.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm still seeing thousands of rounds per week through numerous different rifles with zero issues.  I've only seen one Seekins Precision rifle since January have an issue with these mags.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone else have other issues with the E2 since?

I was running one of those new (and free) E2s that Nick gave me a but back and the follower was binding up.

Emailed Nick about it and funny enough, an email bounced back saying Nick no longer works with Okay.
View Quote
What!?!?! He dont work for them anymore? Damn...I really wonder what happened with him! Thats crazy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 5:22:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've noticed the E2s have come back into availability again after everyone being OOS for months. I was tempted to pick up a few more, but decided against it considering all of the intrigue that has been swirling around about them. They are not especially cheap, and I've just heard too many negative things about them from too many people. I'll just stick to regular Okays, Lancers, PMags, and the steel ones. There's no real reason to have E2s except for the curiosity factor.

That's something about Nick. We don't know why he's not there anymore, of course, but it makes you wonder if it has something to do with the whole E2 mess. That whole thing was hinky.
View Quote
I wonder if it was because of this topic. Maybe he was one of these fly by guys in here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm still seeing thousands of rounds per week through numerous different rifles with zero issues.  I've only seen one Seekins Precision rifle since January have an issue with these mags.
View Quote
Even so, I don't know that they bring anything to the table that regular Okay mags don't. And the E2 costs more. And they are a nightmare to find, to boot.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Even so, I don't know that they bring anything to the table that regular Okay mags don't. And the E2 costs more. And they are a nightmare to find, to boot.
View Quote
Good points.

Although I'm guessing that they are better for M855A1 ammo?

That being said, I'm not buying anymore.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm probably going to start switching over to FDE pmags from here on out. Unless, however, some solid deal comes down the pipe for OG Okay mags.

One other thing I've noticed is how Okay mags struggle with steel cased rounds. The internal tolerances are so tight, as additional Wolf WPA (for example) rounds are added, they eventually bind up between the two ribs that run on either side.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lanbo's Armory is a good source for Okay mags. The standard Surefeeds are normally $9.94 - only the gray dry lube version in stock right now:

Mag Okay Surefeed AR15 5.56 30rd Gry

I just got their "back in stock" notification for the tan E2 mag - they are $10.20 ea after you add them to your cart:

Mag Okay Surefeed E2 5.56 30rd FDE

I don't plan to buy any more of the E2s myself.  They're kind of interesting, but the standard mags are just fine for me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#10]
If they were $5 each, then we'd have a real debate on our hands. But, they cost more than regular Surefeeds and they are scarcer than hen's teeth. I just don't see the value they bring to the table over anything else in their price range.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#11]
For anyone interested in the next person in line to contact, other than non-existent Nick, here's what you're looking [email protected]

I did chuckle when she said it was company policy to determine if my state had a "high capacity magazine restriction" or not.

I responded back stating Illinois does not have a magazine ban on STANDARD capacity magazines and that as a manufacturer, they should be helping correct the "misnomer," if you will, rather than exasperate what the news outlet refers to it as....
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For anyone interested in the next person in line to contact, other than non-existent Nick, here's what you're looking [email protected]

I did chuckle when she said it was company policy to determine if my state had a "high capacity magazine restriction" or not.

I responded back stating Illinois does not have a magazine ban on STANDARD capacity magazines and that as a manufacturer, they should be helping correct the "misnomer," if you will, rather than exasperate what the news outlet refers to it as....
View Quote
That alone...makes me want to tell okay to GO FUCK THEM SELVES!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:20:59 AM EDT
[#13]
After reading this whole thread I have concluded that Gen3 Pmags are still the best.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I finally got around to testing some of these mags and I had no issues with the couple I tried.
View Quote
The vast majority of people are not going to have problems with any mainstream mag. That's not really the point though.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
After reading this whole thread I have concluded that Gen3 Pmags are still the best.
View Quote
Conclusion correct.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I have an E2 that I bought to play around with. I had it stored away, but I pulled it out today to examine. I took it apart to see if it was possible to put a Magpul follower in it. The Magpul does fit fine, but it looks like Okay is using a proprietary spring design with their blue follower. So, to use a Magpul follower, you'd have to replace the spring, too. I didn't test, but it looks like the E2 would fit a ranger plate fine.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Picked a few up to try also, no range time as of yet but DAMN hard to seat on a closed bolt with 30 in the box.
View Quote
I've actually heard of people downloading GI mags to 28 rounds for some reason...
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:47:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Novel idea. [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif[/
I don't need to with my other USGI, not interested in starting now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Picked a few up to try also, no range time as of yet but DAMN hard to seat on a closed bolt with 30 in the box.
I've actually heard of people downloading GI mags to 28 rounds for some reason...
Novel idea. [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif[/
I don't need to with my other USGI, not interested in starting now.
That’s simply not true.  Many USGI mags benefit from being downloaded a round or two to aid in seating a magazine on a closed bolt.  Open/locked back bolt is not an issue typically.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:05:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't download my Okay's from 30 to 28, and I don't have any problems seating them. I am not a high volume shooter, I seldom do speed loads, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Maybe if you download your 30's to 21 rounds they will slide in real easy.

I say use what works for you and what you like. I use 30 and 20 round Okays and have for many years. I also like Magpul gen 3's. There are lots of really good mags out there so find YOUR best.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Wow.  Glad I missed that band wagon.  I shopped for a deal on these several times.

Funny that my much poo-poo'd D&H mags keep on running like gang busters through a stack of rifles.

Did Okay hire Larry or some fucked up shit?
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Has Okat fixed the issues with the Surefeed E2's yet? I ordered 18 and while I haven't had enough ammunition or time to thoroughly test every single one, several have gives issues out of the batch and it seems at random. All mags are dated 03/19. Rifle being used Is a 16" SR-15 Mod 2, ammunition has all been quality, factory ammo.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I myself have had problems with the E2 mags. I own a couple I bought to try out and I’m glad I only purchase two of the E2 mags. I have Had nothing but problems out of five rifles while using these mags. Like you they run fine with 5-6 rounds but if loaded to full capacity they will cause problems just like you are experiencing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I myself have had problems with the E2 mags. I own a couple I bought to try out and I’m glad I only purchase two of the E2 mags. I have Had nothing but problems out of five rifles while using these mags. Like you they run fine with 5-6 rounds but if loaded to full capacity they will cause problems just like you are experiencing.
View Quote
Seems like the issue is with the follower binding up somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I had a few that the follower seemed to bind towards the bottom of the mag. What I did was work the follower with a wooden paint stirrer a bunch of times. I think I mentioned this many pages earlier in this thread.

I think in a few weeks, I'll use a couple of my E2s and report back.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Has Okat fixed the issues with the Surefeed E2's yet? I ordered 18 and while I haven't had enough ammunition or time to thoroughly test every single one, several have gives issues out of the batch and it seems at random. All mags are dated 03/19. Rifle being used Is a 16" SR-15 Mod 2, ammunition has all been quality, factory ammo.
View Quote
AFAIK, 3/19 are the latest batch.

What issues are you having?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:36:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Glad I found this thread. I was just looking at some from botach.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#31]
I had a lot of regular Surefeed 30s made in late '18 that would puke rounds into the upper if you weren't real careful on a reload and had several FTFeeds/double feeds.

Made my mind up that the only legit commercial mags  are Pmag, Daniel Defense, Tango Down MK2.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:01:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I had a lot of regular Surefeed 30s made in late '18 that would puke rounds into the upper if you weren't real careful on a reload and had several FTFeeds/double feeds.

Made my mind up that the only legit commercial mags  are Pmag, Daniel Defense, Tango Down MK2.
View Quote
Quality control must be slipping. Okays used to be excellent. All of mine ( non E2) are.

That being said, I must admit that Pmags work VERY well. I just hope they hold up long term.

When you say Daniel Defense, do you mean the 32 rounders?

I have one I got for free and I'm not that impressed.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quality control must be slipping. Okays used to be excellent. All of mine ( non E2) are.

That being said, I must admit that Pmags work VERY well. I just hope they hold up long term.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

What do you not like about 'em?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah.

What do you not like about 'em?
View Quote
They are expensive; especially for 2 extra rounds and IMO, not made as well as Pmags.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Yeah, DD mags are much more expensive and you don't really get anything for the bump up in cost. I've not really heard much good about them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yeah, DD mags are much more expensive and you don't really get anything for the bump up in cost. I've not really heard much good about them.
View Quote
Aside from being expensive, I've never seen or heard anything bad about 'em.

I went back and looked and my bad Surefeeds were from '17.  Been longer than I thought since I had an aluminum mag.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#37]
I have 2 DD mags I got for free from them and they both over inserted too easily with the bolt locked back and got jammed in 2 different DD rifles. I didn't insert them with what I'd call excessive force or with any more force than I usually do and I've never had that happen on any Magpul mag that doesn't have the over insertion stop. I got them about a year apart so its safe to say they weren't from the same batch. They were free so I just set them aside and never did actually use them. I like DD and think they make quality products, I'm just not a fan of their magazines.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wait, what? I have quite a few Surefeeds from 2018 laying around. I've never heard of this problem before.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:13:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Wait, what? I have quite a few Surefeeds from 2018 laying around. I've never heard of this problem before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it happened.  They puked all in my LMT, Colt, buddies Colt, other buddies Daniel Defense, cousin's Colts.

They were fine as long as you loaded pretty easy, but pop one in like normal and it would puke a round or two in the upper and cause a birdnested mess when you dropped the bolt.

Got some double feeds while firing and deadlined the whole case and went to Gen M3s.

That was a set of 10 or 12 mags that only had a couple cases of ammo through.  Like each mag had been cycled less than 10 times.  Feedlips measured and gaged good.

At my house the day of the g.i. mag has passed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well it happened.  They puked all in my LMT, Colt, buddies Colt, other buddies Daniel Defense, cousin's Colts.

They were fine as long as you loaded pretty easy, but pop one in like normal and it would puke a round or two in the upper and cause a birdnested mess when you dropped the bolt.

Got some double feeds while firing and deadlined the whole case and went to Gen M3s.

That was a set of 10 or 12 mags that only had a couple cases of ammo through.  Like each mag had been cycled less than 10 times.  Feedlips measured and gaged good.

At my house the day of the g.i. mag has passed.
View Quote
Have you contacted Okay about it? That sounds really odd for Surefeeds.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Have you contacted Okay about it? That sounds really odd for Surefeeds.
View Quote
It does.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:13:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Nope.

Done with aluminum mags.

They're obsolete.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

AFAIK, 3/19 are the latest batch.

What issues are you having?
View Quote
Rounds were getting jammed between the bolt face and the feed ramps, sometimes farther up, sometimes farther down. Its always the same malfunction. It appears to be some issue with the carrier as when I load the mags with 6 rounds they run fine, load with more than that and they have issues after a few rounds, it's always the same malfunction. The rifle they were being used in was a factory KAC SR-15 Mod 2 that was recently refreshed with new buffer spring and HH buffer. I tried with and without my Surefire can as well as SR-15, H and HH buffers with and without the can, it's no doubt definitely the mags as older non E2 sure feeds I have work 100% as do PMAGS, Gen 2 and 3.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I had a few that the follower seemed to bind towards the bottom of the mag. What I did was work the follower with a wooden paint stirrer a bunch of times. I think I mentioned this many pages earlier in this thread.

I think in a few weeks, I'll use a couple of my E2s and report back.
View Quote
This is interesting as I was thinking it may have been a follower issue and it seemed like the more I was using certain mags, the less they were malfunctioning. I thought about purchasing Magpul followers to put it them, however:

1) I don't know if they would work with the different E2 spring
2) I shouldn't have to buy new followers for $12 mags with "new and improved" followers
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This is interesting as I was thinking it may have been a follower issue and it seemed like the more I was using certain mags, the less they were malfunctioning. I thought about purchasing Magpul followers to put it them, however:

1) I don't know if they would work with the different E2 spring
2) I shouldn't have to buy new followers for $12 mags with "new and improved" followers
View Quote
Keep working the followers. That will solve that issue.

The other issue seems to be the feed angle with certain rifles.

The only rifle I had a problem with, so far, was a Bushmaster 20 in; with rifle ( non M4) feedramps.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Done with aluminum mags.

They're obsolete.
View Quote
I wouldn't say that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I wouldn't say that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Done with aluminum mags.

They're obsolete.
I wouldn't say that.
Yeah, I get it, but their day is done for me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Switching completely over to Pmag Gen M3’s myself.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:45:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#50]
The Blue Follower for Okay's new E2 mags is compatible with all new generation USG spring designs.

The Magpul Follower for Okay's Legacy mags is compatible with all old generation USG spring designs.
Page / 21
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top