Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2017 1:19:52 AM EDT
Are these guys formerly a different company, from another company, or anything of the sort?
They seem "familiar" but I can't put my finger on it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 1:24:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Spin off from C products.

There stuff is ok from the three purchases I've made.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 1:28:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spin off from C products.

There stuff is ok from the three purchases I've made.
View Quote
Are these the good guys, not the miscreants?  I missed that particular soap opera.
I thought the straight 20s looked like CP mags.  Those are the ones  I am looking to buy. Primary Arms has them for $9.99.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't remember the entire soap opera division of cast members.
But I believe ASC are "the good guys".

IIRC there was still a "CProducts" named variant as well.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I was looking at the 9mm mags for a pistol build. Wonder how good they are.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a few of their 25rd 6.8 mags to try out when PSA had a sale on them for around $10 each. They work 100%, no problems at all.
Later that year at Christmas, they had a blow out on the same 6.8 mag for $4.95 each. I bought 15 more. Those have worked flawlessly also. They are the blackened stainless mags though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 4 of their 5.56 mags they all work. I like the follower in them.  They are stainless IIRC.

Better options out there though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#8]
The original C Products mags were produced in Newington Ct and had financial problems.   ASC was either a partner or aquired C Products and assumed production of the C Products LLC magazines under reorganized company  Ammunition Stoarge Components (ASC) in New Britan Ct..    the C Products mags and ASC mags are very similar but the CP mags had a shiny finish whereas ASC uses a matte finish.  Both mags use blue followers and stainless steel mag bodies.

A few years later some prior owners or employees started C Products Defense in Florida.  CPD claim they are completely independent and are not affiliated with C Products LLC.  CPD has improved the design of their 7.62X39 AR-15 mags and they are getting positive reviews.

I bought a few original C Products 6.5 Grendel mags in 2009 then a short time later ASC aquired CP.   I. haven’t needed any additional 6.5 Grendel mags and have not purchased any CPD mags to test.  The CPD 6.5 Grendel mags are getting good reviews.   For 5.56/223 AR-15 mags I prefer aluminum mil spec mags or P-Mags.   I have used some PSA marked D&H mags which were gtg.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You have the following....

CProducts
CProducts Defense
ASC

I know I'm not about to purchase ANYTHING from any of them if I can get it elsewhere!

There is a lot of confusion as to if/how they are connected. I know Chad Panka was busted here awhile back shilling for CProducts Defense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't remember the entire soap opera division of cast members.
But I believe ASC are "the good guys".

IIRC there was still a "CProducts" named variant as well.

CProducts
CProducts Defense
ASC

I know I'm not about to purchase ANYTHING from any of them if I can get it elsewhere!

There is a lot of confusion as to if/how they are connected. I know Chad Panka was busted here awhile back shilling for CProducts Defense.
I may have tried some of the new mags(i have 12 of the older mags and 8 required TLC to work) but
The shilling really turned me away
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:31:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I was looking for 20 round mags at a good price; they stood out. That's all.
Botach has OKAYs for $12 with free shipping, so that's a good deal.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't touch a C Products or C Products Defense mag after seeing my mags from them separate at the seem and seeing the springs rust when no others did in the same storage conditions.

I have bought a bunch of ASC 5.45x39 mags after the RZE Unimag debacle.

They have been pretty reliable. I won't buy any 5.56 mags off them, but in the "off calibers" they seem to be a decent product for the price.

There are many far better options in 5.56.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

CProducts
CProducts Defense
ASC

View Quote
You forgot the original "Creative Products" which I think was their original name that spawned the much loved "C products"
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#14]
First I saw them they were marked as AR Stoner.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You got me there, I never heard of that permeation.

Do you know if it was also owned by Larry Panka?
View Quote
I believe it was the company's original name, and was later shortened to the famous "C products".  I believe Larry was involved from the start.  Don't know if was a whole new company or just a rebranding.  Maybe one of the many fanboys from the early 2000s can chime in and provide a timeline.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:46:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was looking for 20 round mags at a good price; they stood out. That's all.
Botach has OKAYs for $12 with free shipping, so that's a good deal.
View Quote
The Okays are $10 for 6 or more, which, lets be honest, no one on here buys just 5 mags when they are that cheap anyway
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Creative Products, Murrels Inlet SC.  Someone here must remember if Larry was involved...................
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Creative Products, Murrels Inlet SC.  Someone here must remember if Larry was involved...................
View Quote
Page 1 and 3 may be what you seek https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/-ARCHIVED-THREAD--10-mags-from-Wholesale-Hunter-/17-205872/?page=3
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The Okays are $10 for 6 or more, which, lets be honest, no one on here buys just 5 mags when they are that cheap anyway
View Quote
Truth.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#22]
That's funny.  Larrys first post.  Should go into the ar15.com hall of fame (or hall of shame).  If only people could see what they were getting into...His first post was typical of all of his: sorry the mags we sent you were crap, we'll take care of things, our mags are really great etc etc
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I have an original CProducts LLC 25rd 6.8 that quit working but I think I bent a feed lip so don't blame them.  

I have several newer CPD 6.8 mags that are all fine.  They are the newer mags that allow you to load rounds to 2.295 COL.

I did get two that were not welded right.  The mag warped when the seams were welded.  I contacted Chad to return.  He was cordial but did not send the replacements when he said he would.  It took a few tries to get him to respond.  He did send me 4 new mags as a "sorry for the delay" and they are all fine.

So I've read all the bad info about Larry and Chad but my personal experience with Chad was positive.

I have two of their 9mm Colt mags and they are fine, too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Chad was busted here shilling for CPD, he was using a fake account he had setup, of course he had no other choice considering he's BANNED. I wouldn't purchase anything from them based on their business practices.

Funny thing, there was a member here during the CProducts years that was always talking them up and stating that he was their best customer. He was definitely their most vocal cheerleader.

When they were banned he kinda just faded away and hasn't returned.....coincidence???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have an original CProducts LLC 25rd 6.8 that quit working but I think I bent a feed lip so don't blame them.  

I have several newer CPD 6.8 mags that are all fine.  They are the newer mags that allow you to load rounds to 2.295 COL.

I did get two that were not welded right.  The mag warped when the seams were welded.  I contacted Chad to return.  He was cordial but did not send the replacements when he said he would.  It took a few tries to get him to respond.  He did send me 4 new mags as a "sorry for the delay" and they are all fine.

So I've read all the bad info about Larry and Chad but my personal experience with Chad was positive.

I have two of their 9mm Colt mags and they are fine, too.
Chad was busted here shilling for CPD, he was using a fake account he had setup, of course he had no other choice considering he's BANNED. I wouldn't purchase anything from them based on their business practices.

Funny thing, there was a member here during the CProducts years that was always talking them up and stating that he was their best customer. He was definitely their most vocal cheerleader.

When they were banned he kinda just faded away and hasn't returned.....coincidence???
Yes I know that.  I was just posting my experience dealing with him.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Aaaand, back to the original question.  Is ASC these bad guys or are they cool?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:40:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:03:50 AM EDT
[#29]
I bought quite a few 5.45X39 blackened stainless steel magazines from CProducts years ago when I got my M&P 15 in that caliber.  Those magazines were flawless.  Shiny?  Yeah, but they functioned 100%.

So, a few months later I bought 20 of their aluminum 5.56X45/.223 magazines.  Six of the twenty would not feed the last two rounds out of the magazine.  Got several promises to help with that here when I mentioned it in other magazine problem threads.  However, no one would respond to the e-mails sent to the address they gave in the threads here.

I haven't bought a CProducts magazine since.

For the last 10 years or so I buy PMags or GI aluminum magazines from DSG or PSA.  Never any issues with those.

As they say, your mileage may vary.  This is just my experience and it's several years old.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, I remember him it was "Warlord".
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Aaaand, back to the original question.  Is ASC these bad guys or are they cool?
View Quote
I've owned 5.56 mags from ASC, C-Products and the newer CPD.
Quality was inconsistent with all of them, some mags worked fine and others had issues.

IMHO, Okay mags are some of the best magazines available and well worth paying an extra $1 or $2.

YMMV
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top