Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2017 11:38:56 AM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with their polymer AR mags they are currently selling?  I see they are on sale and thought about picking some up if they work alright.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The Sig magazines I have for the 556 are garbage. My mags have a cut on the side like they might work in an AR18 but they barely work in a AR15. There are much better mags out there for what ever they are charging you for the Sig mags. The plastic on these mags feels cheap. I bought mine about 3 years ago so they may have gotten better but I Would Run away from these. A cheap mag that I like a lot are the 2 Admend mags. I sometimes find them for about 6 bucks each and they just work well. Or buy Pmags and be confident you are getting quality for your money.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I was wondering the same thing since  these are now $5 each. 1 review and I will not gamble the $5
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The are a total POS.  I had the ones that came with my Sig rifles and they continuously jammed in my guns.   For a tiny bit more money, you can get Magpul Gen 2s for $8 from Midway, and sometimes Prepper's Gun Shop.   They often have 10 magazine deals for $79-89.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#4]
They suck
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys that's what I figured with the price.  Maybe they would be good for malfunction drills?
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#6]
GD just bought like 1k of them
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Sig magazines I have for the 556 are garbage. My mags have a cut on the side like they might work in an AR18 but they barely work in a AR15. There are much better mags out there for what ever they are charging you for the Sig mags. The plastic on these mags feels cheap. I bought mine about 3 years ago so they may have gotten better but I Would Run away from these. A cheap mag that I like a lot are the 2 Admend mags. I sometimes find them for about 6 bucks each and they just work well. Or buy Pmags and be confident you are getting quality for your money.
View Quote
Interesting. I had the exact opposite experience. Mags worked perfectly in all five of my rifles, and still do.

EDIT: Mine are the old squared-off mags that IMI made for them a few years back, not the new funky-looking space mags.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:47:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Bad info being given here... There are two versions I'm aware of. The earlier version, which was crap, and the Sig branded IMI Defense mags, which are GTG.

The ones for sale at $5 from sig direct are IMI Defense.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bad info being given here... There are two versions I'm aware of. The earlier version, which was crap, and the Sig branded IMI Defense mags, which are GTG.

The ones for sale at $5 from sig direct are IMI Defense.
View Quote
Talked to sig they said IMI makes mags for them so looked for comparison
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Got a sample of these at the shop today havent got to try them yet but here in the pics of the packaging with the country of origin etc. I will let you know how they do when I get time.

Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Is IMI Defense the same as CAA?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is IMI Defense the same as CAA?
View Quote
No IMI is different IMI CAA
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top