Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/14/2015 1:10:11 AM EDT
Having everything from AR's to a Tavor and ARX-100 having one mag that fits and works in all of them is huge for me.  Unless I finally pick up a FS2000, it's nice not having to worry about which generation of mags I have in my range bag.

Anyone else run these guys hard?  It's been about a little over a year for me and I'm hooked after my last carbine class. Don't get me wrong, I'm not selling my pmags anytime soon but I really like taking the same mag from the SCAR16 and putting into the ARX-100 and putting it into the Tavor.

Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I have seem alot of great reviews for the Hexmags and they will be all I am using in my AR except 15 round to stay legal..
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 2:38:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I did not know about the 2015 change.. good stuff! I like the hex pattern a lot and the AR-15 hand grip seems like a natural fit to the line. Thanks for the video!
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Hexmag 10/30 is a great alternative for those of us in communist states. The only downside is that there are missing the slots for speedloaders. Not a huge problem for 10 rounders but Hexmag should address this compatibility issue.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#4]
How does the HEXMAG FDE match Magpul FDE?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hexmag 10/30 is a great alternative for those of us in communist states. The only downside is that there are missing the slots for speedloaders. Not a huge problem for 10 rounders but Hexmag should address this compatibility issue.
View Quote

I don't think so but it's a nice feature to have ..
IMO it's nice to load mags up and gives you time to yourself and helps kill some time at the range and helps in limiting the rounds shot.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:57:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

At a slight glance, my eyes can't tell the difference.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hexmag
10/30 is a great alternative for those of us in communist states. The
only downside is that there are missing the slots for speedloaders. Not a
huge problem for 10 rounders but Hexmag should address this
compatibility issue.

I don't think so but it's a nice feature to have ..

IMO
it's nice to load mags up and gives you time to yourself and helps kill
some time at the range and helps in limiting the rounds shot.

I'm
with marausch, it would be great to able to use my striplula on them
just like I do on the USGI/PMAGs. Maybe the next generation? Any
window'd versions planned?

Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Hexmag and Magpul FDE are a really good match IMHO.   Hexmag does have a slightly more slick, more reflective of the light finish than the dull, flat appearance of the Magpl finsih.  Pics are with and without flash.  

" />

" />
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:15:06 AM EDT
[#8]
The color on the FDE is pretty good.  It matches about as well in my Tavor as a PMAG, but as others have said the pmag is slightly more "dull", sort of like the "IWI" FDE mag that my Tavor came with, back when they came with them.

I have a few pictures of them and of one in  Tavor on the instagram page:

This one is in direct sunlight, no filter.  It might give an idea about the "dull vs flat vs lighter" being mentioned :  https://www.instagram.com/p/9ET_lUDFct/?taken-by=13cgunreviews
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top