Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/31/2006 7:50:31 AM EDT
How many of you purposely buy your AR products out of the state you live in so you won't get hit with sales tax?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#1]
"I will order from out of state when I can, but it's not necessary".

And I claim the use tax when I file an income tax return.    

But why is this in the Mag Forum?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Price sets the standard. If you add everything up over the years shipping probably equals the tax savings anyway.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Price sets the standard. If you add everything up over the years shipping probably equals the tax savings anyway.

I can buy many things out of state with shipping for less than the price bought in state with sales tax.  Most local gun and tactical store prices are higher than most out of state tactical store prices without including either one.  I'm looking at buying an EOTech 552, in state a guy will sell it to me for $360 before taxes ($389.70 after state and local sales tax) or buy one from another guy for $374 shipped out of state...

TS
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Total price with shipping is the primary consideration.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Total price with shipping is the primary consideration.

+1
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in NY.  They have you covered coming and going on sales tax.   There is even a line on you state return where you have to add a figure based upon you income even if you didn't by anything out of state.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#8]
i never really gave it any thought.  I usally buy from whoever is the best and where ever it is easiest.  Price is 3rd or 4th on the list of priorities
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I buy from ARFcom dealers.

RB Precision and PK Firearms are from IL. While I haven't ordered anything from PK, Robert from RB has been great and has cut me deals that other out-of-state vendors couldn't match.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Sales tax, what sales tax
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top