Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/26/2006 5:51:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:59:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:09:13 PM EDT
I think it it their version of teflon coating.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:19:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:11:46 PM EDT
It does and thanks a bunch.

You might want to update your FAQ section of your website with this info. I see that adding Mar Lube is an option, but you don't really know what you're getting. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:00:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:27:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CProducts:
The standard coating on our aluminum mags is the mil spec gray dry moly coat. We took the same coating added teflon and other proprietary additives and now have a Mar-Lube coating.

Larry, I'm a little upset with you right now... I was going to have some of your mags laser engraved so I emailed you asking what was in Mar-Lube and if you could not share that info to let me know if it's toxic when burned. You gave a vague answer and told me it was not toxic when burned.... Teflon DOES release toxins when burned, including carcinogens.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:47:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:38:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CProducts:
Griz,
Did not mean to mislead you. I am getting an MSDS sheet on the Mar-Lube today and will let you know for sure and will share that with you. Fair enough?

Larry

Works for me.... I'm sure that a dozen mags wouldn't have given my engraver cancer, but he'd sure be pissed if he'd found out after the fact and did not take the proper precautions...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:43:17 PM EDT
Cproducts,

IM sent with a quick question about Mar-Lube. Looking forward to your response.

Griz,

Are you gonna get Grendel mags laser engraved as to not cornfuse them with regular 5.56 mags? Is this a local guy in B-burg?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:10:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 55Kingpin:
Griz,

Are you gonna get Grendel mags laser engraved as to not cornfuse them with regular 5.56 mags? Is this a local guy in B-burg?

Yes, I'm planning on engraving the logo from 65grendel.com. (without the bolt-heads)

More for sex appeal than any other reason.

It's a guy I work with who lives in Blacksburg. I don't know how much it's going to cost yet, he charges $40/hour for time on his machine and I don't know how long it will take to do each mag yet.
Top Top