BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/10/2006 7:25:01 AM EDT
delete
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I only load to 28 rounds for exactly the reason you mentioned.

Get ready for the shitstorm......

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:51:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I slightly file and polish/buff all new mags before range testing them (at 30 rounds).  I've avoided FTF issues thus far.  I use a well worn functional magazine as a "visual template" to remove a small amount of material around the opening.  My .02

I just ordered 10 mags from MI that will receive this treatment when they arrive.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats Bull shit

I got some 20 rounders with EASY TILTING GREEN FOLLOWERS

When loaed the rattle like crazy
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thats Bull shit

How does this relate to my question?

I've encountered the rattling with other mags. Some have it fairly badly, most not much. It doesn't seem to affect function at all. And these new mags had the Magpul followers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait a miniute!  It is impossible for a mag with a Magpul followere to malfunction, you must be mistaken But seriously, I recently read an AAR on a DOD website and the military is suggesting loading 30 rounders with 25.  No mention of followers in the AAR.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#6]
After reading this thread, I tested my new Bravo Company D&H 30 round magazines with orange magpul followers installed and loaded with 30 rounds in all ten new magazine and had no problem with them feeding the first round using the charging handle or the bolt release.

I tested the magazines several times each. This is just my experience with D&H magazines. I have never used anything but USGI magazines in the past, this is my first experience with D&H magazines.

YMMV
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thats Bull shit

Looks like a

Tack
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Wolfe XP buffer springs elimate this problem. I use them in both of my rifles. I did clip 3 coils off to eliminate short stroke possibilities, just have to make sure to put clipped end of spring into buffer tube and unclipped end on buffer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#9]
The plot thickens, see here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=66&t=273312

Problem also occurs with the original green followers. I suspect a bum batch of mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top