Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2006 12:38:51 PM EDT
I organized a magazine group buy last year of 1000 D&H magazines that were advertised to be grey teflon finished.

One of the participants is belly-aching that the mag-release holes are cut out of spec (i.e. too low or high in location), that the mags aren't in fact teflon, and that the aluminum used for them is too thin.

Anyone have any complaints with their D&H mags?  I'll try and post a pic of the typical mag from our group buy later for clarification.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
that the mags aren't in fact teflon, and that the aluminum used for them is too thin.

To me the D&H mags feel thinner than dry moly coated mags.  Are they?  Not really.  I used my micrometer to measure D&H vs. CP mags.  Each was thinner or thicker in a spot or two.  They averaged out to be about the same thickness.  If you have the same mags as he does, you should know just as well as he if they are out of spec and "non-teflon".  There are dry moly and teflon mags.  A two year old could tell the difference.  Going out of the way to make a teflon-like magazine in place of teflon would probably be more expensive than just using teflon.

TS
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell him to rub two mags together for a couple minutes.  If they come out looking like shit, they are dry-film mags.  If they look the same even grey color as they did when he started, they are teflon.  

Nice Unabomber picture.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:41:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The D&H mags I have are of good quality. I have not had any issue with them. That said, you don't see the owner of D&H posting here to support his product.

The fact that Larry is here an posting is enough for me to make the switch to buying CProducts mags.

Also, Larry and his company are doing their best to be innovative with new products!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#4]
who is this "larry"?  Have a link to his company?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:07:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Otherwise, what is different than the D&H that 44mag.com sells?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Not sure what your question is.
But - 44Mag sells both D&H mags and CProduct mags.   They are different companies.
D&H sells both dry film mags and Teflon mags.   Cproducts has the dry film and is coming out with a new black coating option on their aluminum mags.   The coating is the same as they are putting on their Stainless Steel mags.
Hopefully this helps
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I got a pile of D&H teflon mags, both black and grey, and love em all.  Never had a problem with them yet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#9]
D&H are nice quality. I have one that FTFs frequently, but the rest are fine (10mags). Are they as good as the LaBelle's in my stash? Nope, but they didn't cost what the LaBelle's did either.

ETA - yes I know they are made on the same machinery and are basically identical. Nevertheless, the welds on the D&H are not nearly as clean as the LaBelles and the followers tend to rock more on the D&H. Maybe made on the same machinery but the QC is not the same.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
C Products

www.cproductsllc.com Come visit our web site.

Larry
C Products

Larry; If it's not too much trouble I'd liked to see some photos of how mags are actually made.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:36:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:43:12 AM EDT
[#12]
The D&H mags which I have ain't one whits different than the Labelle mags purchased years ago. They are identical both in fit and finish.

Mike

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:02:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
C Products

www.cproductsllc.com Come visit our web site.

Larry
C Products

If I might make a suggestion from a consumer point of view....

Your site is kind of hard to navigate.  First of all it only shows 4 products per page out of 39 total, which makes clicking "next" 10 times rather tedious.  Secondly, you should separate the 20 rounders from the 30 rounders so that it's easy to compare one item to the next.

"30 Round Curved Magazine Chrome silicon spring/WITH RANGER FLOOR PLATE" is on a separate page than "30 Round Curved Magazine SS Spring/WITH RANGER FLOOR PLATE".  That makes it kind of hard to navigate.

You would be better off putting ALL of the 20 rounders on one page to be viewed at one time, and ALL of the 30 rounders on another page so that they can all be viewed at one time as well.  On 44mag.com I can view all of his 30 round magazine offerings on one page to make comparing one to another easier.

Another option would be to have a menu with two basic mag types (CS and SS springs) and a drop down menu to add a ranger platefor $2.50/mag, add a magpul follower for $1.50/mag.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#14]
DONT BUY D&H 20 rounders UNLESS it has MAGPUL FOLLOWERS

I bought 8 d&H 20 rounders very nice mag but easy TILTING GREEN FOLLOWERS

I will order some from BRAVO COMPANY
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The D&H mags which I have ain't one whits different than the Labelle mags purchased years ago. They are identical both in fit and finish.

Mike

I'm sure they aren't any different as D&H and Labelle are the same mags made on the same machinery...

TS
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Can any of you guys check out this thread in Troubleshooting, and maybe comment on my problem? ALL of my D&H mags have burrs on the inside sides, see the first pic here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=66&t=273312

Thanks. I suspect I got a bum batch of mags, but don't know for sure.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like you got a bad batch. I have ten black teflon D&H 30rd mags I bought during his ShotShow special. I compared mine to yours, and mine are fine. They do not look like yours in the feed lip area. You may need to contact 44mag to let him know about this. I hope this is of some help.

TS  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:35:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Can any of you guys check out this thread in Troubleshooting, and maybe comment on my problem? ALL of my D&H mags have burrs on the inside sides, see the first pic here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=66&t=273312

Thanks. I suspect I got a bum batch of mags, but don't know for sure.

Just checked mine and they look just like the pics above. I'm gonna test them tonite. Any problems and all 20 are going back.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:54:37 AM EDT
[#21]
I noticed the same thing on my 5.  Not as bad but they all have the exact same dent  just forward of the right feed lip.  I think I'm going to stick with CProducts mags for my future purchases.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Does anybody know for sure who is the current  magazine supplier to the U.S. military?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I ordered a few D&H grey teflon mags last month & the teflon finish is a little sticky when I touch it with a sweaty hand but the old teflon mag both black & grey are smooth & not sticky.  I wonder did the dealer sent me a dry filmed mag?  BTW I bought its from 44mag.com
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:20:35 AM EDT
[#24]
How many are actually having problems with these mags? I just spoke to a dealer (not 44mag) that has sold over 10,000 of these to military units, plus sales to civilians. You think you would hear more about problems with these if so many have gone to the military (they aren't waiting for the weather to warm up before trying them).
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
DONT BUY D&H 20 rounders UNLESS it has MAGPUL FOLLOWERS

I bought 8 d&H 20 rounders very nice mag but easy TILTING GREEN FOLLOWERS

I will order some from BRAVO COMPANY

iless the mag is curved then they don't need the anti-tilt followers
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I run D & H Teflon 30 rd mags with Ranger floor plates, Magpul followers, and Wolff springs. They work flawlessly! The Wolff springs are NICE!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:35:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Looks like you got a bad batch. I have ten black teflon D&H 30rd mags I bought during his ShotShow special. I compared mine to yours, and mine are fine. They do not look like yours in the feed lip area. You may need to contact 44mag to let him know about this. I hope this is of some help.

TS  

I'm hoping it was just a bad run out of a small number of machines or something. Mine are going back, and 44mag has already shipped the replacements. But those mags should have never left the factory; weak QC inspection program, I think. The finish is sure pretty, but if the feedlips are not right...what's the point?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top