Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/3/2006 4:32:00 AM EDT
Is anyone discounting these like the D&H Mags?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish, In my opinion they are a much better mag than  D&H
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
They are advertised in SGN for $12.50 each.  I'd like to get a few more straight 20rd mags for USGI pouches.  It seems to me that curved 20rd mags are taking over the market...

TS
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:59:33 AM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:17:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

Just curious, would guys tell us why you think the NHMTG mags are better?  Are there reliability and function issues we need to be aware of with the the D&H?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:21:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I use both brands and think they are of equal quality.  I haven't had any failures with either of them, I wouldn't use any other brand though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

Just curious, would guys tell us why you think the NHMTG mags are better?  Are there reliability and function issues we need to be aware of with the the D&H?

it's not a reliability/function  issue as I buy both brands and have never had a failure with either.  NHMTG mags just seem to be a little bit better made.  The springs in the NHMTG mags seem to be a little sturdier and the mag body itself seems to be more solid.  When I load a D&H mag it has that annoying aluminum sound but when I load a NHMTG mag there is not sound (I can't really explain the sound to well but hopefully you know what I mean).   MHMTG also seems to have cleaner looking spot welds or whatever they are called.  

All of this is just my opinion/expereience from using both mags
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#10]
If there were NHMTG 30's and D&H 30's on the table for the same price, I'd take the NHMTG's.

I like them better because they look like they're welded together better.

I could care less about the finish becuase I don't think it's important on a mag, especially an aluminum one.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If there were NHMTG 30's and D&H 30's on the table for the same price, I'd take the NHMTG's.

I like them better because they look like they're welded together better.

I could care less about the finish becuase I don't think it's important on a mag, especially an aluminum one.

WIZZO

D&H have the superior finish and price.

NHMTG have better fit and construction, cleaner welds etc.

I find the Parson's or Center mags to have the finest construction though. But I don't know if they are available new anymore.

I would like to see somebody do a test to see which ones are actually better by somehow measuring the force it takes to tear the welds apart.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That's why I have so many of them. I have like 20 or 25 D&H 30rders because they were cheap, and they seem to work well.

That's why I put the qualifier "if they were the same price" in there.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I have found both D&H and NHMTG to function reliably, but I have also found that D&H will drop free and NHMTG are usually too tight, especially the 20's.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's why I have so many of them. I have like 20 or 25 D&H 30rders because they were cheap, and they seem to work well.

WIZZO

I also don't really care about the finish.  The teflon is nice but I actually prefer the dry film.

I also have more D&H mags than I do NHMTG because of the cheap prices but D&H was my second favorite but has now fallen to 3rd.  CP mags are just as inexspensive as D&H and in my opinion are a better mag, mostly because of the spring.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

I also don't really care about the finish.  The teflon is nice but I actually prefer the dry film.

I also have more D&H mags than I do NHMTG because of the cheap prices but D&H was my second favorite but has now fallen to 3rd.  CP mags are just as inexspensive as D&H and in my opinion are a better mag, mostly because of the spring.  

Yeah, I agree. You can't really beat the D&H mag's price.

What do you mean because of the Spring? I have no experience with CP's mags. Do they come with a superior standard spring? Or do you mean the upgraded ones?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

Yeah, I agree. You can't really beat the D&H mag's price.

What do you mean because of the Spring? I have no experience with CP's mags. Do they come with a superior standard spring? Or do you mean the upgraded ones?

they come with chrome silicone springs which are better than regular mil spec springs.  The CS springs never take a set like a mil spec one will
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#17]
So does anyone here have a source for cheap NHMTG mags?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So does anyone here have a source for cheap NHMTG mags?

Quoted:
They are advertised in SGN for $12.50 each.  

TS

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top