Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/3/2006 4:32:00 AM EDT
Is anyone discounting these like the D&H Mags?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:43:28 PM EDT
I wish, In my opinion they are a much better mag than D&H
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:26:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WMHM4:

+1
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:33:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ellery_Holt:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:00:06 PM EDT
They are advertised in SGN for $12.50 each. I'd like to get a few more straight 20rd mags for USGI pouches. It seems to me that curved 20rd mags are taking over the market...

TS
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:11:00 PM EDT

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:59:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2006 6:00:07 AM EDT by repub18]
tag
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:17:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2006 6:59:09 AM EDT by Yojimbo]

Originally Posted By STG77:

+1

+2

Just curious, would guys tell us why you think the NHMTG mags are better? Are there reliability and function issues we need to be aware of with the the D&H?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:21:35 AM EDT
I use both brands and think they are of equal quality. I haven't had any failures with either of them, I wouldn't use any other brand though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:58:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Yojimbo:

Originally Posted By STG77:

+1

+2

Just curious, would guys tell us why you think the NHMTG mags are better? Are there reliability and function issues we need to be aware of with the the D&H?

it's not a reliability/function issue as I buy both brands and have never had a failure with either. NHMTG mags just seem to be a little bit better made. The springs in the NHMTG mags seem to be a little sturdier and the mag body itself seems to be more solid. When I load a D&H mag it has that annoying aluminum sound but when I load a NHMTG mag there is not sound (I can't really explain the sound to well but hopefully you know what I mean). MHMTG also seems to have cleaner looking spot welds or whatever they are called.

All of this is just my opinion/expereience from using both mags
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:44:56 PM EDT
If there were NHMTG 30's and D&H 30's on the table for the same price, I'd take the NHMTG's.

I like them better because they look like they're welded together better.

I could care less about the finish becuase I don't think it's important on a mag, especially an aluminum one.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:28:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:
If there were NHMTG 30's and D&H 30's on the table for the same price, I'd take the NHMTG's.

I like them better because they look like they're welded together better.

I could care less about the finish becuase I don't think it's important on a mag, especially an aluminum one.

WIZZO

D&H have the superior finish and price.

NHMTG have better fit and construction, cleaner welds etc.

I find the Parson's or Center mags to have the finest construction though. But I don't know if they are available new anymore.

I would like to see somebody do a test to see which ones are actually better by somehow measuring the force it takes to tear the welds apart.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:09:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NightWatchman:

That's why I have so many of them. I have like 20 or 25 D&H 30rders because they were cheap, and they seem to work well.

That's why I put the qualifier "if they were the same price" in there.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:32:36 PM EDT
I have found both D&H and NHMTG to function reliably, but I have also found that D&H will drop free and NHMTG are usually too tight, especially the 20's.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:56:33 PM EDT

That's why I have so many of them. I have like 20 or 25 D&H 30rders because they were cheap, and they seem to work well.

WIZZO

I also don't really care about the finish. The teflon is nice but I actually prefer the dry film.

I also have more D&H mags than I do NHMTG because of the cheap prices but D&H was my second favorite but has now fallen to 3rd. CP mags are just as inexspensive as D&H and in my opinion are a better mag, mostly because of the spring.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:15:21 PM EDT

WIZZO

I also don't really care about the finish. The teflon is nice but I actually prefer the dry film.

I also have more D&H mags than I do NHMTG because of the cheap prices but D&H was my second favorite but has now fallen to 3rd. CP mags are just as inexspensive as D&H and in my opinion are a better mag, mostly because of the spring.

Yeah, I agree. You can't really beat the D&H mag's price.

What do you mean because of the Spring? I have no experience with CP's mags. Do they come with a superior standard spring? Or do you mean the upgraded ones?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:22:16 PM EDT

WIZZO

Yeah, I agree. You can't really beat the D&H mag's price.

What do you mean because of the Spring? I have no experience with CP's mags. Do they come with a superior standard spring? Or do you mean the upgraded ones?

they come with chrome silicone springs which are better than regular mil spec springs. The CS springs never take a set like a mil spec one will
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:40:45 PM EDT
So does anyone here have a source for cheap NHMTG mags?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:46:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By repub18:
So does anyone here have a source for cheap NHMTG mags?

Originally Posted By TigerStripe:
They are advertised in SGN for $12.50 each.

TS

Top Top