Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/28/2006 7:34:07 PM EDT
Which mags should I get?

I need 10 and DH mags are cheaper than CP by a 1.50 and thats significant for 10. Which ones would you get I have 10 DH mags and 4 Labelle mags now need 30 for 2 ARs so I am stoking up for 10 now and 10 later.

Hound
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:48:17 PM EDT
You won't find better mags than D&H. And you probably won't find a better price than Bravo Company's sale. Normally, the CP mags are the cheaper of the two.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:37:02 PM EDT
Just bought 10 new mags from Bravo D&H mags. My wife has a limit on gun stuff that I can buy while deploy. Paying the bills and stuff and I want a new lower when I get back anyway. I want to get 15 30's for each AR I have (I have 2 one 20inch and a 16 incH) and 10 20's. I forgot that I just have 6 D&H mags the other 4 or DPMS. I have both Black and Grey mags. Prefer Grey
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:40:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 12:59:48 PM EDT by pikachu]
Get a few of each. Go to the range. Report your findings here. Excellent question.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:43:03 PM EDT
P.S.
+1 Bravo - They have a great deal right now $8.59 plus shipping (D&H). The best deal I have seen so far this week.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:14:48 PM EDT
CP has a special for military I will get my 20 rounders from them. Maybe even 6 30 rounders. I need 20 mags per rifle 15 30's and 5 20 rounders for the Bug out situation. My wife gets the Carbine I get the A2. Cant shoot CMP w a A4 version but oh well. CP will get money from me just the phones here at my deployed location suck. Cant call in to get the special deal from CP and I think its $8 a mag.

Hound
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:21:04 PM EDT
Paul (Bravo Company) has one helluva deal on D&H mags now. I just ordered my second 10-pack from him. As to the question of which is better, I have had no failures with either. I prefer the slick feel of the D&H teflon. But, to me the CP mags seem more sturdy and feel like they are twice as thick as the D&H mags. I am waiting on my CP SS mag order. If those are as good as they are supposed to be, I've probably bought my last aluminum 30rd mags...

TS
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:50:10 PM EDT
Oh its 8.90 for CP mags but in May that will be the lowest price.
;)
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:41:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:47:56 AM EDT
Larry,

Dont worry I was definitly going to get 10 20 round mags from you and 10 more 30's as well. I also need more glock mags but you dont make those. I am going to get one of your mag replacment sets as well that should work for my 3 range mags. When I see some SS ones come out I will get 10 of those. What is the weight difference because I look for lighter is better.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:51:11 AM EDT
I will test the mags when I get back to the states in July.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:06:20 AM EDT
After reading about the problems with some of the CP mags, I won't touch them!

I just stick with NHMTG's so I don't have to doubt my gear. I have to pay more for them, but I'm worth it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:23:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:31:37 AM EDT
Larry,

I ordered 2 of your mags and had constant FTF. This was in the last 2 weeks. I can't determine if it was my rifle was picky or if the mags were non-spec so I won't speculate.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:40:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:42:20 AM EDT
Larry I ordered them from a vender and they handled my problem quicky and politely.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:06:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/1/2006 6:07:22 AM EDT by CProducts]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:10:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CProducts:
Markam,
What the hell are you talking about? Show me an example to back your statement or edit it! And don't give me something that happened a year ago. Your statement offends me and is pure crap! Also shows how out of touch you are with reality.

Larry
C Products

A few People have posted here that they have had to return/exchange their CP mags. IIRC, it was to 44mag.com. I could be wrong on the vender.

In any case it definitely was NOT a year ago because I never even heard of CP until a month or so ago. I suppose it is possible that the mags were MADE a year ago and just recently purchased. Why is the timeline critical? Was that when the bad mags were made?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:51:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:04:48 AM EDT
I didnt mean to start a fight here. Wow this is one of the few times i have seen a dealer fight like this for his product in awhile. i will have to look more into cp mags. I am still going to buy mags
from CP. Read some good stuff so far I now want to know what the weight difference of a SS is it would be good to know for future buys.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:17:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/1/2006 7:18:02 AM EDT by Q3131A]
I have to say that I'm impressed with CP. I have 10 of their standard 30 round mags, which I bought from 44mag.com. I have not had one FTF or other problem with the mags. They all performed well at the Hernando shoot last weekend. The guy next to me had multiple FTFs and other problems with COLT mags. I told him about the CP mags and he was impressed.

I also belive that Larry being here and supporting his product is fantastic. With the ban gone, we now not only have a civilain manufacturer producing the mags we want, but we have the head of the company standing shoulder to shoulder with us.

Larry's company is producing the mags we want in quantities of hundreds of thousands. They are also innovating new produts to advance our shooting sports.

As a confirmed mag-a-holic, I solute Larry and CProducts. These are "the good old days" act accordingly.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:18:52 AM EDT
I have no problems with CP other than they didn't feed in my weapon. Did I get one of the bad batches? maybe. Did the company I dealt with handle it exactly right? HELL YEAH.

And because I don't know the reason it failed thats why I didn't post about it until today. `
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:28:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ffhounddog:
I didnt mean to start a fight here.

Sure you didn't!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:30:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:37:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:31:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 9:44:44 AM EDT by pikachu]
tag
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:16:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:24:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/1/2006 2:28:04 PM EDT by BravoCompanyUSA]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:03:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:37:52 PM EDT
i cant believe that it took this long but, this is ARFCOM get both
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:48:05 PM EDT
Hey CProducts,

Why don't you sell your mags with a Teflon finish like D&H? Most people that try both like the Teflon finish immediately. My Teflon mags that have thousands of rounds through them look brand new, but my dry-film (moly) mags look like crap from day one. The teflon mags maintain their lubricating properties indefinitely, don't put grey chalk in my magwell, and load like butter.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:19:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eddiein1984:
Hey CProducts,

Why don't you sell your mags with a Teflon finish like D&H? Most people that try both like the Teflon finish immediately. My Teflon mags that have thousands of rounds through them look brand new, but my dry-film (moly) mags look like crap from day one. The teflon mags maintain their lubricating properties indefinitely, don't put grey chalk in my magwell, and load like butter.

At one point, I believe that they were looking into doing it, however, it appears that they settled on the black "mar lube" finish instead. My opinion is that the customer can never have too many options, and I would like to see their products offered in teflon as well.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:06:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:19:35 AM EDT
I've had great perfromnance from CP mags in my 3 ARs. I can't wait to try the new stainless CP mag!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:47:14 PM EDT
I ordered today from www.dsgarms.com/ one of his 20 pack of D&H mags for $195 shipped....

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:41:46 AM EDT
Hey larry ,
How about replacing the 6 messed up mags you said you supposedly shipped before shot show to me . I guess you are all about the bullshit and no action. I also have another 6 mags of your s i got from brownells that have gaps in the welds that are bigger then the grand canyon . nobody like to be lied to as soon as i can get pics i will post them so guys can see these fucked up cp mags you where selling through brownells . I guess the only way i am going to get costomer service is by bithching up a storm on the forums as it is aperent you give a good line on the phone but you have not waled the walk in my book .
Remember when i first called you and said i wanted to talk to you mono un mono and not let this out on the forums well so here goes .
ball in your court now old boy!!!!hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:41:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:32:54 AM EDT
Larry,
no harm no foul my brother . Thank you for taking the time on saterday to call me and get this hashed out . To all out there please hear me when i say larry and cp are some stand up dudes i am sorry for the hassel in what has turned out to be a mistake in address larry has said he will overnight my new mags on saterday now that is what i call customer service . And to all you d-h mag cool aid drinkers get nof of it . I just bgot a shoppment of d-h mags from tapco and all i can say is these things are fuckin shit .The welds on the convex and concave angles are so bad i can pry them open with little effort . i hope and pray that ct does well with all there efforts i think in the end there attention to detail will prevail with a superior product .
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:35:04 AM EDT
above post lack of correct spelling is a result of severe sleep deprovation
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:52:57 PM EDT
It sounds like Larry has done his best to make your situation right. Maybe you owe it to him to edit your initial post so potential customers like myself don't get the wrong idea.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:08:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By matt33:
It sounds like Larry has done his best to make your situation right. Maybe you owe it to him to edit your initial post so potential customers like myself don't get the wrong idea.

+1
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:44:03 PM EDT
as i said in my second post larry says he is going to make good on my situation i think he is a man of his word if there is any problems i will let the board know . I spent over an hour with larry today on the phone it turns out that somebody in the wharehouse sent the replacement mags to a bogus addres .Apperently there was a typo and my addres was not recorded correctly . Time will tell the rest of the storry . It is my hope that larry and cp will make a A-1 product that will be good for all us ar15ers . I admitt i jumped the gun a bit and am sorry to larry if i pissed him off . I consider him a friend and i hope in my travels to by the man a drink some time when i am down his way . My bad all in all . Time to smoke the peace pipe
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:19:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 9:19:42 PM EDT by TigerStripe]

Originally Posted By ranger1776:
as i said in my second post larry says he is going to make good on my situation i think he is a man of his word if there is any problems i will let the board know . I spent over an hour with larry today on the phone it turns out that somebody in the wharehouse sent the replacement mags to a bogus addres .Apperently there was a typo and my addres was not recorded correctly . Time will tell the rest of the storry . It is my hope that larry and cp will make a A-1 product that will be good for all us ar15ers . I admitt i jumped the gun a bit and am sorry to larry if i pissed him off . I consider him a friend and i hope in my travels to by the man a drink some time when i am down his way . My bad all in all . Time to smoke the peace pipe

Originally Posted By matt33:

Well???

TS
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:46:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:07:50 AM EDT
I'm convinced that Larry works 24/7, and then some.
Top Top