Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/28/2006 7:04:08 AM EDT
With brand new magazines going for less than $9 each , what is a reasonable price for used magazines. I have seen folks trying to sell used ones for more than the new ones and was just wondering.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:05:31 AM EDT
Best bet would simply pop for a high quality new magazine.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:07:45 AM EDT
Cheaper than 9 dollars for a new mag? Thats probably a USA mag, and they are shit.

Pop for the slightly more expensive OKays, Bushy mags, or Adventure

There more expensive but with good mags, they will never wear out
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:18:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/28/2006 7:19:05 AM EDT by hkinfl]
Dang man, check the EE under AR mags!! They have NIW good teflon mags for like 8.59 each for 10 packs!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:36:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hkinfl:
Dang man, check the EE under AR mags!! They have NIW good teflon mags for like 8.59 each for 10 packs!!!

Damn thats a good price!

I've got all the mags I need but at that price its tempting
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:37:28 AM EDT
I think it'll take a week or two for the preban and used prices to reflect accordingly. It looks like at $8.50/mag, a LOT of people are considering getting rid of older preban mags to those of us in neutered states. (MA/NY/whatever).

But there are still a lot of people who want $15-20 for a beatup 20-yr old mag. And surprisingly, there are people willing to pay of it. ??? I suspect normal-wear prebans will drop to $8/mag shipped fairly soon as a norm. Which is funny since I just ordered some beatup (low or no finish) mags to refinish for $7ea just last week. d'OH!

I don't know what the profit margin on mags is, but if it's still reasonable, I could forsee these "big" mag folk like 44mag dropping prices even further. MAybe in the $7-range before summer.

Makes them $20 used post-ban mags at the gun shows look pretty silly in any event.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:56:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By executioner:
With brand new magazines going for less than $9 each , what is a reasonable price for used magazines?

87 dollar a pound is the current rate.

Research has proven this!
Top Top