User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
it's an attempt to get them<cartridges>  all lined up at the rear of the magazine for more reliable feeding.

OOH-RAH !!!!!  This brings back some wonderful times in the Marine Corps.  Semper Fi !!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yes, cause that's the way the Corps taught me back in 1986. Get those rounds back to the rear of the magazine.

Do I still need to do it with "anti-tilt" followers, no......does it hurt...no.

No Expert

Semper Fi Devil Dog !!!   You can take the Marine out of the Corps, but can't take the Corps out of the Marine.  OOH-RAH!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I do it sometimes ... usually I smack it against my other hand, though.  I do it when I see a round isn't seated properly, or sometimes as a sporadic habit.  But I definitely don't do it all the time.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:32:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I always tap 'em before loading into mag pouches.  I don't know if it helps reliability but it does make them rattle less.  

It is not a part of my reloading drill, they come out of the pouch and directly into the magwell.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I always tap before loading the magazine into the rifle.  US Army taught me to and it works so I keep doing it.  Alot of times I just do it out of habit without thinking about it.

CSP
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The heel of your boot works well for this as well. I do it without thinking...

+1 before inserting in my weapon or my duty belt.  Nothing like drawing a fresh mag out of your belt and finding that the top round snagged and is standing at attention.

TIME OUT!!!  My mag is f-ed up!! =
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sometimes forget i'm not always wearing cranium protection.... remember real quick... use bench from then on....

-Roth

+1
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:17:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
join the military, serve your country, learn why you whack the mag.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top