Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/24/2006 6:17:02 PM EDT
I have a USA 20rd mag. I know for the most part they are shit but this one works. I bought it 2 days after I moved from Jersey to PA (during the AWB) and because of living in Jersey I only could buy Bushy 10rd mags so I didn't have a clue about what was good or junk. I even paid $30 for the thing. I only used my USA 20rd mag a few times and I never tried to load more than 20rds. The other day I installed a Magpul follower and I wanted to see if it was going to limit how many rds the 20 would take. I got to 20 and was happy that it didn't limit any rounds. I realized there was still some room so I loaded 2 more with zero problems and I could possibly load a 23rd. Is this normal or just chalk it up as being normal messed up USA mags.

thanks,
bill
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:19:04 PM EDT
I have a nhmtg 20rounder with the Lplate and magpul follower, I can only get 19rds in it
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:13:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WMHM4:
I have a USA 20rd mag. I know for the most part they are shit but this one works. I bought it 2 days after I moved from Jersey to PA (during the AWB) and because of living in Jersey I only could buy Bushy 10rd mags so I didn't have a clue about what was good or junk. I even paid $30 for the thing. I only used my USA 20rd mag a few times and I never tried to load more than 20rds. The other day I installed a Magpul follower and I wanted to see if it was going to limit how many rds the 20 would take. I got to 20 and was happy that it didn't limit any rounds. I realized there was still some room so I loaded 2 more with zero problems and I could possibly load a 23rd. Is this normal or just chalk it up as being normal messed up USA mags.

thanks,
bill

It's due to the USA mags being out of spec. My Bushmaster 20s (D&H, Labelle, etc.) take exactly 20 rounds with Magpul followers installed.
Top Top