Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2006 3:22:33 AM EDT
Which ones do you guys use and reccomend.
Good points ?
Bad Points?

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
dont really like em that much.....

but the plastic 1st samcos are ok for the price ($10) and they are pretty sturdy

negatives: screws can come loose eventually--use locktite

i hear that the magcinch are better, but at $20 a piece and me not liking coupled mags together, i never tried em
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I like my Magcinch.  Just make sure you have good strong mag springs or the top round or two will move forward under recoil and screw up your reload.  Balance is fine IMO.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried the first samco's but found the top bullet of the back-up mag moves foward or flies out under recoil. It won't matter wich brand you use they'll all do this.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Thought about them, but thought they would weigh down the rifle too much, do they?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:03:41 AM EDT
[#5]
all mag couplers are junk.  They all will allow the first round of the non used mag to slide forward making it impossible to load the fresh mag into place untill you fix the problem. You will waste more time fidling with this than the ammount of time to pull a mag from your back pocket and load it.

If you want a lot of ammo at the ready look into a Beta C mag, just dont drop them on a hard surface as they will crack.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:21:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Anybody try using a magazine cover to keep the top round from moving foward and protect the spare mag while using a coupler? Seems like it would work if you practice to flick off the mag cover before you reload.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:17:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anybody try using a magazine cover to keep the top round from moving foward and protect the spare mag while using a coupler? Seems like it would work if you practice to flick off the mag cover before you reload.

Exactly, if you really have this problem (I don't) put a mag cover over the spare and you'll be fine, it's good policy if this is a working mag anyways, alot of crap can get into a mag just hanging out in space like that. I imagine I don't experience any issues because I load my mags to 30 rounds with good springs, this seems to hold them pretty snug.

Oh, and magcinch's are the best thing going right now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#8]
You would be better off just buying a Redi-Mag.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Anybody has experience using this??

FAB .223 Magazine Holder - Front Grip >> This Revolutional Accessory enables you to carry a spare mag, ready to use, on your weapon. The MG20 serves as a spare mag carrier, but also as a unique ergonomic fore grip. Perfect for military, police, or home defense. The spare magazine stays with the weapon and provides a total of 60 rounds of available firepower. Super lightweight at 2.6 ounces.

or this --
FAB Tactical Magazine Clip for AR15

I'm not connected with them, but I just found them here... at the EE
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=277151
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:16:28 AM EDT
[#10]
None of them.
1.  As stated before, you will have the outside mag starting to shed rounds from recoil.
2.  You have to offset the mags, which means they won't fit in a standard USGI or other carrier.  If you put them side by side, you'd have to remove the dust cover because it wouldn't open all the way (it would rest on the outside/right mag).  Been there and done that.  

ETA:  The last ones I tried were the Mag-Cinch nylon strap types.  They held OK but took some work to tighten up.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top