Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/10/2006 9:23:48 AM EDT
One of the SHOT show pics here is of the new Magpul magazine with the clear window to show rounds remaining. Anyone have details?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
if it is under $14 I would take a few
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]
That window needs to be bigger.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That window needs to be bigger.

I don't think so, the top half is coverd by the mag well so you can't see it anyway, all you need to see is the bottom half.

it's a cool concept but I don't think it's anything I would buy
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Honestly, I dont see the point in that.  Do you not know,  if there are rounds in your magazine?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Honestly, why can't you just drill a few holes on the same spot or even get one of those cutting drill bits and carve your own groove if you need to visually check your ammo?

Pistol manufacturers have been using holes in the mags for ammo checks for years now. If you drill a few holes in the side of an AR mag, you'll get the same effect.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the clear plastic that covers the hole.  Keeps the crap out of there.  But I don't think I'd pay much, if any more for this feature.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:14:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd buy one just for the hell of it.  Priced reasonably?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I dont know why, but I saw that and my mind just screamed "Battery and blue LED"....

I've been looking at modded PC cases too much I think.....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:26:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Honestly, why can't you just drill a few holes on the same spot or even get one of those cutting drill bits and carve your own groove if you need to visually check your ammo?

Pistol manufacturers have been using holes in the mags for ammo checks for years now. If you drill a few holes in the side of an AR mag, you'll get the same effect.

Pistol mags are fully enclosed in the grip of the gun, the AR mag hangs out in the rain, dust, mud, and grit.  If it gets in your mag, it gets in your gun.  Holes=bad idea.

Tom  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:18:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd rather see smaller windows at the 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 rd marks.

Definitely the holes for gunk to get into the mag would be a big no-no.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

yeah but atleast with the pistol mags, the magazine well of the pistol kinda acts as a dust cover. With the rifle mags...that would be out in the open..and thats really bad kinda like that french ww1 machine gun the us borrowed called the Chauchat that was a total mistake.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:10:06 AM EDT
[#13]
interesting
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks like somebody got bored.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Looks like somebody got bored.

Don't get all bent out of shape because somebody just learned how to program the CNC machine....

I would probably pick up a few if f they were about the same price as regular mags, but for me, they hold no real practical value.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

BRILLIANT!!

Thne you just need to figure out where to drill them and Dremel in the 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 marks.

I like the little window, but I'm a little skeptical about it in terms of wear and tear. I have yet to see clear plastic that, after some hard use doesn't become border-line white plastic from all of the scratches and such. Then it'd be pretty much useless. Now if they had transparent aluminum to work with...

Still... they're always thinking of something, those wild and crazy Magpul guys... surely someone will get a big boner from it and buy a few. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be seriously tempted.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:14:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I can't see my money going to purchase these mags even if they were 8.95.

If you dont know how many in the mag, put a full one (or 28) one in the mag well. Find out just how many were in that mag when you have time.

If your thinking boy i've been firing a long time i wonder how much ammo i have left in this magazine. I'll bet it's time to change the mag.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Fine for range use, but any idea why the WW2 french MG's were so crappy?  Cause they had a view port in the mag that collected dirt and mud.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#20]
So I guess we're not at the digital round counter like on the M41A Pulse Rifle yet, huh?

One can dream, right?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Richard:

Please let us know when the UBR is ready to go.  You've got one sale right here.  

I have been consistently impressed with your products: MIAD, Gen 2 followers, Ranger Plates and Panel Grips.  Might as well add the stock and make it complete.

Keep up the great work.

As for the round indicator--interesting but not sure if I would buy one.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I think its a cool idea, I stress the word cool. HKs G36 has clear mags, AUGs have clear mags. It's the ARs turn for clear mags.

If you don't like it don't buy it I will pick up a few of theses if they are resonably priced.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Hopefully you will not for get the southpawed shooters.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#24]
You gotta love those Magpul guys. Even if you're not interested in buying it, you still have to admit it's a darn neat idea.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

What interests me more is the finish and process used to Multicam that mag....??
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#26]
The Magpul guys astound me with their creativity.  This is a brilliant idea, especially if it works out.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:23:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks good Rich! Being the big magpul fan that I am, will definitely get some. Any idea what the SRP is?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I think that is a great idea, but the window needs to run the whole length or several smaller windows need to be used to show the whole length.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I think you missed the point of the follower indicator that shows in the window. It is attached to a specific spring coil so it shows a proportional representation of the whole mag from 0-30 rounds.

Neat, so it's not like it starts way below the window and stops way above it?

So is it possible ot have some indicator marks showing number of rounds? Or could it only be as accurate as a gas gauge on a car: Full, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, EMPTY.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think that is a great idea, but the window needs to run the whole length or several smaller windows need to be used to show the whole length.

I think you missed the point of the follower indicator that shows in the window. It is attached to a specific spring coil so it shows a proportional representation of the whole mag from 0-30 rounds.

I certainly did, is it possible for more photos to be provided? I think you got a winner here.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Definately a cool and good idea. I think it would be good to have a window on both sides as well for noth the lefties and any possible akward situation that could come up.

I'd definately buy a few.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#33]
So has there been a MSRP attached to these mags yet?  I am in the market for mags and would be interested in getting some of these.  Will they be teflon coated?  I can only assume they will be available as a package with the rest of the magpul magazine goodies???
Don
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:43:50 AM EDT
[#34]
  I too may be interested in these. I was just about to hit the button to send my order in for some USGI magazines with your followers when I saw this post. If they are going to be available soon, and priced right, I’ll wait and order them.
  As a side question, who makes your USGI magazines that a currently in stock?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:11:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Any to have the teflon finish?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top