Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2006 8:23:02 AM EDT
I was just told that the Magazines i had can,t be mil-spec becuse the military uses black ones.

There colt mags and i know the military uses grey mags but were some people get the idea the military uses black ones i,ll never know.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't even bother to correct people like that, I just say, oh really and let them keep on looking stupid.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was just told that the Magazines i had can,t be mil-spec becuse the military uses black ones.

There colt mags and i know the military uses grey mags but were some people get the idea the military uses black ones i,ll never know.

HK mags are black.  My brother's Marine unit passed HK mags out for their weekend training.  That's the only way I'd know for someone to say that black mags are Mil-spec.

Having a discussion with someone who determines "mil-spec" by color only, instead of the Colt floor plate on your mags, would be counter-productive. Reminds me of a saying,

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".

Sly
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Was it a guy at the range who told you that?  Was he wearing sweatpants and an M65 jacket?  Was he a former SEAL?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#4]
i just act like i didnt know and let them continue on telling whats right and whats wrong, then i just walk off while they are talking
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#5]
"OK, you found me out. I go on secret missions and they don't issue me equipment that can be traced back to us."

Or, if you're feeling cranky, "You know, light travels faster than sound. That must be why you seem so bright until you open your mouth."
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#6]
No a guy on the web.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No a guy on the web.

Then it must be true
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#8]
it dont matter if you have non mil spec or mil spec mags. you just need reliable mags to make the kills.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i just act like i didnt know and let them continue on telling whats right and whats wrong, then i just walk off while they are talking

Yah... they seldom notice because they are used to talking to themselves anyway...  

I crack myself up sometimes...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
"OK, you found me out. I go on secret missions and they don't issue me equipment that can be traced back to us."

Or, if you're feeling cranky, "You know, light travels faster than sound. That must be why you seem so bright until you open your mouth."

Or my fave: "Oh look, everybody, the stupidity fairy has arrived to enlighten us!"
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top