Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2006 6:18:45 PM EDT
Called Dave and had him send me one, Boy is this one nice up-grade, He uses the magazine bodies made by the Colt supplier, HTMHG, or something like that, don`t want to go look, It is marked 25 Rounds Max, the base plate is screwed on with 5 sheet metal screws, the spring is MUCH stronger than say the HK maritime magazine that I also own, the follower is cast alum, and does not tilt, they cost a few dollars more than the HK, but I think I will feel safe to say I will carry them in my kit, I will still use less costly mags at the range, and for training, But in the real world this magazine will fill the bill, they say they tested them with 9000 rounds with out one FTF, Dave keep up the good work, Only draw back, I asked him about buying some more for the other guys at work discounts start at 500 pieces, OUCH ! But he said they cost a-lot to produce, Just my 2 cents worth on these magazines. The cast pull ring on the floor plate is an added benefit, also.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]

...they cost a few dollars more than the HK...
 I won't shell out the bucks for the HK mags, so I'm sure not spending more.  But that's just me...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the body of the magazine the same size as a regular 30 rd USGI mag?

I'm curious why only 25 rds can be loaded, is it due to the extra power of the spring?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top