BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2006 11:54:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Any opinions?  Are they equal to current USGI?

Thanks

IIRC, they have a contract with the DOD for mags...

TS
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I apologize if this info is covered elsewhere.  I can't find it.

In reading the catalog, Brwonell's makes a pretty strong case for their mags, and I can get them at the dealer cost.

Any opinions?  Are they equal to current USGI?

Thanks

First run of mags sucked goat dung, they have excellent mags now.

Are they equal to current USGI? Very much so.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks very much for the compliment. Very nice to hear.

Larry
C Products, LLC
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#4]

First run of mags sucked goat dung, they have excellent mags now.

Early ones lacked the moly finish on the interior, but that was fixed a long time ago.  Current ones are good to go.
Pic of an early one I mangled:
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]
That's what happens when you spray and not dip coat.

CP
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]
That's the kind of reliability you want and our magazines - the Brownells High Capacity AR-15/M16 magazines - delivers that kind of total reliability every time. On the range, in the field, in a tactical situation, under fire. When your life is on the line, you need all the firepower you can muster. These magazines deliver. Period. Brownells design team spent hours on the range testing and retesting these magazine and wouldn't rest until they got them operating perfectly. Every time. In the early days, Bob wouldn't put his name on anything that wasn't the best around. 65 years later, we still won't. These magazines have been manufactured and guaranteed to meet the highest standards in the business - yours! They're in stock now, so get yours today. Stop the "bad magazine" hassle once and for all - forever.

SPECS: Chrome Silicon Spring Magazine - Aluminum body, MIL-STD hard-anodized, dry-lube coating. Chrome silicon spring. MIL-STD plastic follower.MIL-STD Magazine - Aluminum body, MIL-STD hard-anodized, dry-lube coating. MIL-STD stainless steel spring. MIL-STD plastic follower.

==================================

Wow that's some pretty heavy marketing for what appears to be just a spring upgrade.  Can anyone else tell me what's so great about a Brownell mag over a USGI Teflon mag or better yet a Frankenmag?

Teflon > Dry Lube
Chrome Silicon Spring > USGI Spring
MagPul follower > Green Follower
H&K Mag > any other mag in the world
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:36:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I've recently purchased 4 20-round Brownell mags.  2 of the 4 are on the way back to Brownells. They fit my Standard RRA A4 much too tightly causing failure-to-load; couldn't strip the round from the mag. I actually had to wiggle them out of the mag well. The other 2 mags function and fit perfectly. The finish is the butt-ugly flat grey. From my perspective, these mags are a tad pricey and suffer from inconsistencies.

I've also recently purchased 4 20-round black teflon mags from 44mag.com. These mags fit and function perfectly and look absolutely beautiful! They're also $5 cheaper ($12.99) than the Brownells mags($17.95). The 30-rounders at 44mag.com are only $10.99. Better mag, lower price, nicer aesthetics. I've just ordered 4 more.

Cheers,
Greg
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:26:08 AM EDT
[#8]
btt
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had 100% reliability from Brownell's mags in my two Bushmasters so far

Buddy told me-- GI only, I handed him a Brownells 30 rnd and he said "exactly", then pointed out what it was to him

Ordered more, they seem perfect also, this time I got some 20 rounders

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:47:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've had 100% reliability from Brownell's mags in my two Bushmasters so far

Well of course.  The mag is built to Mil-Spec so it's going to be pretty darn good.  It also has a slighty better spring so that helps.  But it's not Teflon coated and that kills it for me.  Not to mention 44mag.com has crazy prices for USGI mags.  To each his own.

Party on Wayne.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:08:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Do the Brownell's have any date codes on the plate or bodies ?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Do the Brownell's have any date codes on the plate or bodies ?

None of the new ones do that I have.

I spray my mags with Teflon inside and out and have never had a problem from any new mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top