Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/27/2006 3:12:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 5:51:04 AM EDT by WFO]
I recently purchased 3 New in wrap Colt 9mm w / plastic followers , I am getting double feed when I get down to the last 5 or 6 rounds , plus follower wont activate bolt hold open , can live without the last round function , but the double feed is a no go .
Follower looks to be so far out of spec it isn't funny .... No way Colt would make this would they ?

Anyone else having or had this issue ... I know for a fact it isn't the weapon causing this , I have a few other 20 rounders w / metal followers that work fine ,

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:13:33 PM EDT
taggy, got a couple 9mm AR's coming soon I hope
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:20:31 PM EDT
I dont have a clue, All my Factory Colt 32 round magazines work flawlessly
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:24:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 2:26:22 AM EDT by WFO]
Today I am gonna swap out followers and try other brands of ammo , just to satisfie my mind

also noted , when the mags were half loaded , ammo wuz not stacked even at all , you could see it through the round count witness holes
and when I unloaded the mags by hand several rounds would jump out at one time

Just my luck ,,, if they made a million and had 3 bad ones in the bunch , I would get them !
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:25:18 PM EDT
Update from today ..

After work today I proceeded to round up a old buddy that used to be a Armorer for our local P.D. Colt & H&K Certified ...

He looks at the mags in question first word outta his mouth is Crap ! ... He looks and ponders a few minuets , digs thru his spare parts and pieces and finds a few metal followers and springs from the old style , we proceed to swap parts out .
One mag in particular wouldn't take the steel follower ... it would not top out stopped about 6 to 8 rounds shy from the top

He says inner dimensions are off on these mags ... the truth is in the pic attached ,, notice how ammo is stacked and spaced , New Bad Mag on left . Old Good Mag on right ..

We did get the two we changed out to function ok ... but I wouldn't stake my life on them ... just ok for the range

So I am still looking for Good Mags ........
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:05:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WFO:

So I am still looking for Good Mags ........

Colt mags are good mags. Have you called Colt to see if they will warranty them?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:48:04 PM EDT
Maybe I should rephrase that ........ Still looking for Reliable Colt Mags ! , Not Bashing Colt , I would use nothing but .

and Yes they go back tomorrow morning ..
Top Top